Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Eastman B-15 - great trip to the London pop up shop!

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Yesterday I decided to take a day out and travel down to London to visit the Eastman pop up shop which is currently on in Shoreditch. I'd been after one of their B-15s for a while, but I was fully expecting to have order custom order a long size. At the very least, the trip would be worth it to go and try on as many styles as possible to keep in mind for future purchases!

Well, the day ended up being a little more expensive than planned...turns out the size 46 B-15 fits my 6"3 frame perfectly. No long size required! I'm delighted with the jacket - it's absolutely fantastic. It's much lighter than I thought it would be, but it's incredibly warm. Furthermore, it looks remarkably contemporary for a jacket designed in the 40s (which the guys in there agreed with!). To my surprise, I've now also found out that the G1 in a size 46R fits me absolutely perfectly and looked superb - so I think I know what my next big purchase is going to be down the line!

I cannot fault the service I received yesterday - all the guys were incredibly friendly and helpful, full of advice and knowledge, and they even threw in a free calendar and Buzz Ricksons catalogue with my purchase, which was awesome. I also popped into the Real McCoys in Covent Garden afterwards and picked up their latest catalogue - although it's more like a book! Tons of cool photos and info in here, albeit more Japanese text than English unfortunately.

If you've got some free time left until Sunday, definitely make the trip down to Shoreditch and pop in to the Eastman shop. Even if you're not after a jacket, there's plenty of other brilliant trinkets and accessories there - the canvas bags in particular are really, really nice.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Good choice Dominic! I had a hunch a 46 would fit you... and from my experience you'll be ordering the G-1 sooner rather than later.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have the Aviator bag and use it regularly as a weekender. Shame it's not leather though Aero do a nice one of those. AAAAAGGHHHH Eastman and Aero in the same house, FIGHT:mad::mad::mad:. To be honest the Eastman bag does its job and is nice and sqauashable if stashing in confines spaces, you can even lock it sort of, with a travel lock between the Talon zip pulls, though to be honest should you want to steal anything from it, it is only canvas.
A great couple of hours wandering amongst the stuff and trying on and of course our friendly staff. I went to the last one, not
this dates and they did not have many N1s to look at as Son of a Stag a few doors up were selling those ;)
A good day out if you take in a few other sights or just walk around as I usually do, a few 'vintage' shops in the area with some sky high prices......but then it is London and errrrr...trendy.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yes, brilliant guys... Brilliant gear. Top notch jacket. My B-10 is still a favourite and the on jacket that has never moved from my possession!

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
@MeachamLake, that's an awesome jacket! Great fit too!

Is that Eastman's regular B-15, or the Endzone Twill version?

Cheers! It’s the standard B-15 Rough Wear...this is the one made of the End Zone twill. Very nice fabric it is too.

The B-15A they make is NOS fabric, and was slightly heavier and a darker shade of green in person. Both lovely jackets.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Very nice jacket!
They presented you calendar with pinup wings?
Romain Hugault make very good aviation art pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW