Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anybody seen ____ around Lately?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm here, @handymike & I appreciate you thinking of me. Traveling, as @barnabus and @Al 916 said. I only got my phone with me and if typing on it isn't painful enough in itself, I am rarely within a wi-fi range as is so can't be active but I check the forum every few days.

And I'm really glad to hear you're back on your feet, @sweetfights.
Thank you my brother. I hope you are doing well.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Got separated from a 28-year marriage in September. I have had my hands full but am on my feet in new digs. Glad to be back recently!!! Thank you for thinking of me.
My total sympathies Sweets.
Laying to rest a marriage is the hardest task a man can do. Especially a Father as that can never be laid to rest.
Experience says burying the dead part can only be celebrated by embracing the new loves enjoyed with others, especially your children’s.
It WILL get better as the heart heals the mind through your children’s love for Dad.
As the firefighter and father you are you extinguish the flames, sift through the ashes for cause....then repair and rebuild in hope.
Hope and heart always prevails.

Thanks for sharing Sweets, you are not alone.
Bowen

El Marro

Laying to rest a marriage is the hardest task a man can do. Especially a Father as that can never be laid to rest.
Experience says burying the dead part can only be celebrated by embracing the new loves enjoyed with others, especially your children’s.
It WILL get better as the heart heals the mind through your children’s love for Dad.
As the firefighter and father you are you extinguish the flames, sift through the ashes for cause....then repair and rebuild in hope.

Bowen
What a thoughful post, right on!

sweetfights

Bowen
Thank you so very much for the encouragement Bowen!!! That means a lot to me.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Now if we can find @Michael A, things will be looking up. Unfortunately, he hasn't been here in almost two years.
I corresponded with Michael (via the forum messages) intermittently for several months in early 2021 and we talked about a range of things--aside from his peerless thrifting, he was also keen on photography--but then one day he went radio silent. I hope he's okay, but I worry he's not.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
There was a dude, can't find his nick, Dr Macabre (?). French dude I think. Awesome style and photography. Edit: @DrMacabre. Was he banned?

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So has anyone seen:

Jin431 - around?​

My apologies if this has already been discussed. He was so into everything until, well, sometime in 2022 he just dropped off a cliff (hopefully not for real!)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
He, like so many others, was with us and active, until one day he just no longer signs in, and is never heard from again.
This is pretty much how the offline world works, too. Every day or every week, without realizing it until some time later, we do something for the last time, we go someplace for the last time, and we talk to someone for the last time. It sucks but it's life.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
When i was a kid one of my favorite things to do was to look at the Sears xmas catalog. Sometimes I think of TFL like that. The bank account however needs a break once in a while..

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
So has anyone seen:

Jin431 - around?​

My apologies if this has already been discussed. He was so into everything until, well, sometime in 2022 he just dropped off a cliff (hopefully not for real!)
I heard something along the lines of him wanting to stop buying so many leather jackets. Tfl being a bad influence or something like that. I could be wrong, but thats what I was told by someone who was NOT Jin himself.

MrProper

So has anyone seen:

Jin431 - around?​

I get a like on Instagram from him every now and then, even if he doesn't actively post himself.
I think the interests have simply shifted.

At least I think it's Jin lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner