Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anybody seen ____ around Lately?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Still around and about. As Ed said, job stepped up a gear a couple of years back and it comes with lunatic hours, especially during lockdown. Also bought a house back at the start of 2020, and lovely as it is, it's also major suck on our time and money - currently, it's floor tiles for the conservatory - so I have fewer opportunities for 'investments' than I had previously, though the itch is still there. Sorry to read @HoosierDaddy hasn't been well. Stay strong, sir, I'm sure you'll get through this.

Last edited:

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Wow...sign of the times? I have just been logging back on more lately and almost all of the names mentioned in this thread were who I was coming back to see. I also joined in or around 2011 and these folks helped me so much in my first few jacket purchases. It is sad to see that they are no longer around or haven been commenting. I hope everyone else is doing okay and alive and well!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
@AbbaDatDeHat
Haven’t seen in outerwear....maybe hats..?
Thanks Bfd. I’m flattered.
Last couple years i found it hard to stand in front of a camera. After thousands of daily hats and jacket posts i got tired of seeing that same old guy in the pics. Seems you age slower if you don’t look at yourself everyday. Lol

Still here everyday, just enjoying the heavy lifting of others and watching the progression of members as they enjoy the life of leather and felt.
Thanks everyone for your contributions.
I’m just in a side booth at our lounge.You all keep stepping up to the bar.
Be well.
Bowen

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bfd. I’m flattered.
Last couple years i found it hard to stand in front of a camera. After thousands of daily hats and jacket posts i got tired of seeing that same old guy in the pics. Seems you age slower if you don’t look at yourself everyday. Lol
Age slower? Seriously? The only oldie in our household that's aging slower is Jessica, our 74 year-old MG.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Just heard from Navetsea. Just busy, he'll be back.

Good news! Was getting worried...

Yeah, me too, so I dug around the net for his email, lol. Hope he did not feel I was stalking him. :)
Me too, I was wondering if he’d be ok every time I read the threads he was normally active in, COVID has been really tough in Indo, but this is such a nice community when people from all over the world care for the well being of its members. Heart warming.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Superfluous has been awfully quiet lately

Thanks for the thought. Been super-busy. Also, I am dealing with inner-conflict and indecision regarding the direction of my jacket collection/addiction. I rarely wear my leather jackets. Nevertheless, I hate to sell any. To make matters worse, I am loving an about-to-be-released jacket that I really do not need and will rarely wear if I succumb and buy it. It is insane for me to buy another jacket that will gather dust . . . but I really dig it . . . but it will gather dust. Indecision paralysis. And, an alcoholic should not hang out in a bar when deciding whether to consume more or less alcohol.

Thanks for the thought. Been super-busy. Also, I am dealing with inner-conflict and indecision regarding the direction of my jacket collection/addiction. I rarely wear my leather jackets. Nevertheless, I hate to sell any. To make matters worse, I am loving an about-to-be-released jacket that I really do not need and will rarely wear if I succumb and buy it. It is insane for me to buy another jacket that will gather dust . . . but I really dig it . . . but it will gather dust. Indecision paralysis. And, an alcoholic should not hang out in a bar when deciding whether to consume more or less alcohol.

I have been feeling the same for years. Granted, my jackets are much cheaper than yours but at the same time, I have bought and sold so many that I have lost all count of any profit (or loss, more likely) I may have had and ultimately, to this day I do not understand where it all leads.

I don't need leather jackets. Croatia is either very warm or very cold. Couple of months allow me to wear a leather jacket comfortably and that certainly doesn't justify paying large sums for it, or worse yet, collecting them. I have 8 jackets right now, 6 collect dust. literally. They've got dusty shoulders. I will occasionally put one on, for the sake of justification.

You, however, are in a better position because you made sure that we can take the easy way out. All your jackets are quality. Sought after pieces. Each will dictate a very good price so you can quit any time without feeling much guilt over this whole thing. You hate selling them, I understand that, but at least you can find some comfort in the fact that should it come to that, it won't be messy.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I don't need leather jackets. Croatia is either very warm or very cold. Couple of months allow me to wear a leather jacket comfortably and that certainly doesn't justify paying large sums for it, or worse yet, collecting them. I have 8 jackets right now, 6 collect dust. literally. They've got dusty shoulders. I will occasionally put one on, for the sake of justification.
You have eight leather jackets, six of which accumulate dust, tell you what, I wouldn't mind betting that you are not alone and not just about your penchant for leather jackets. There are business types who wear suits to work, chances are they too have favourite suits whilst the others hang forlorn in the wardrobe.

It's human nature, unless of course you happen to have the seventy-five collection, and counting, of Hawaiian shirts that hang in my wardrobe. All skillfully hand crafted by my talented missus. (Don't tell her, I do have favourites.) So wear the jackets that you like with pride, treat the rest to a brushing with the clothes brush. Whose to know?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider