Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat-astrophe

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
As was suggested above, I'd have it copied (good luck finding the color and soft felt combo), and use the sweatband, liner and ribbon from the burned one. Save the burned hat body, keeping it in plain sight as a stern, ever-present reminder so that you never, ever get so distracted that you... stick your (extremely rare and desirable) hat directly into an open flame... again!

:eusa_doh:

Scott Wood

Practically Family
A day(year) late and a dollar short

scotrace said:
As was suggested above, I'd have it copied (good luck finding the color and soft felt combo), and use the sweatband, liner and ribbon from the burned one. Save the burned hat body, keeping it in plain sight as a stern, ever-present reminder so that you never, ever get so distracted that you... stick your (extremely rare and desirable) hat directly into an open flame... again!

:eusa_doh:
Another two cents...
I gather the brim was all that was damaged and I have often thought of the possibilities of a two-toned(furfelted) hat. If you found a complementary felted chapeau with a damaged crown perhaps you could have the brim of it stitched onto your damaged t&j in some invisible, behind the ribbon, fashion[huh]
Just a htought and probably silly bu tit definitely is an interesting thought;)

Oh well[huh]

Woody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran