Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Conversions and Refurbs by John Galt

John Galt

Vendor
John, Is it possible to contact you directly to ask about hat restoration work? As a new member I believe I can't send messages until I hit a certain number of posts.

PM with contact info bounced :-(

Better cruise around & make those 15 posts.

Despite my recent "Vendor" designation, I'm not really a business, and am not yet sharing my personal contact info publicly here.

Last edited:

kingrat

One of the Regulars
Last edited by a moderator:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

I hate to jump into this where two of my buddies are concerned. I've learned a lot from both John Galt and kingrat, and I owe a debt of gratitude to both. But I have to say that John is just as good at conversions and refurbs as any on that list. John does crisp clean work, as good as any professional I have ever seen. John is a passionate hobbyist who delights in helping Loungers with their hat projects. I would recommend John to anyone without the slightest hesitation.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Galt

Vendor
In fairness, Kingrat is a very competent refurbisher himself, from what I have seen. There are lots of unhatted heads in our world - many more than I have time to make hats for at this point in my life.

No worries - really - but I think we should all try to avoid slash & burn censorship by striving to keep it civil & on point.

Thanks again to my friends & customers. I make hats because I love to do it. That's enough for me.

Last edited:

mactire

New in Town
PM with contact info bounced :-(

Better cruise around & make those 15 posts.

Despite my recent "Vendor" designation, I'm not really a business, and am not yet sharing my personal contact info publicly here.

John & Kingrat et al, cheers big ears! I'll try to get my post numbers up without being a nuisance.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It is a wonderful thing that there are good people to fix up hats that we would need the help having done. The more the merrier!

John Galt

Vendor
Been very busy in trial, but have a long weekend. Hope to spend much needed time with my family & also do some hatting. 1Mach1 & Ideaguy are at the top of the list. Will contact you...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
As long it doesn't involve trimming brims...

Hey John, I have another Resistol Stagecoach I want you to convert to an Indy fedora. I need to have the 4 inch brim trimmed down to 2 3/4 inches, front and back, and 2 5/8 inches on the sides....(but keep this between you and me. I don't want Joao to find out I'm trimming down a wide Western brim). ;)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
King, I know you have focus issues where it comes to John Galt and T Jones, but Terry's just yanking Joao's chain. Easy, Tiger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael