HAT FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by The Reno Kid, Aug 28, 2006.

1. The Reno Kid

The Reno Kid A-List Customer

I was trolling the antique stores today and came across a nice Stetson Open Road. It looked to be in pretty good shape and even came with the original box (or so the tag claimed). The box was a fairly generic, rectangular Stetson box. One corner on the lid was split but otherwise, the box was in good shape. There was no size tag inside the hat band but the price tag said it was 7-1/8 - 7-1/4. I didn't have any way to measure it myself. The price on the tag was $92. I don't know if this is negotiable or not. I can't tell if it's a good deal because I have such an outlandish hat size (7-7/8), and vintage is rarely an option for me. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Oh yeah, it was a very light tan color--sort of like silverbelly.

2. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Nice of you to pass that along, Reno. It'd be interested if I didn't already have several hats quite similar to it.
    My experience with secondhand dealers is that they typically price mark their inventory considerably higher than what they will actually accept for it. Once an item has languished in the shop for a few weeks, awaiting the deep-pocketed impulse buyer who never shows up, the peddler will entertain offers.

3. Honest Abe

Honest Abe Suspended

I wouldn't go over 50.00 myself. Seems awefull high for just an open road.

4. Magus

Magus Practically Family

Perhaps for an OR in that size. A 7.5 or higher will be higher.

M

5. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

[huh] 7 1/8 to 7 1/4 is not higher than 7.5.

6. Zach R.

Zach R. Practically Family

He is saying that its too much for one in that size, if it were a larger size it'd be more.

7. The Reno Kid

The Reno Kid A-List Customer

I go through this particular shop pretty regularly. I'll keep my eye on the hat and maybe ask a few questions. If the price improves, I'll update the thread.