Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Head

Victor

One of the Regulars
short haircut or long ponytail. In between is a problem. Or you could use a hair product to slick it down

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fluff up your hair before you put your hat on.My housemate, who is a man with long hair, takes my advice and never has a problem. This works for any length of hair. BUT: Don't fuss with your hair after you take your hat off if you are amongst people, no matter what. It looks fine, believe me.

EricH

One of the Regulars
Always start with a proper fitting hat properly put on, then..

A good haircut, we're not talking 2.99 with a coupon

Good product that keeps the hair where it wants to be anyhow

A gentle fluff after removing the hat

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
46vitalisui7.jpg

David Bresch

Familiar Face
You guys have a lot of character! I suspect I would not be asking this question in the winter, yesterday it was 90 and my Optimo milan straw's ventilation was sorely tested...

dr greg

One Too Many
cut to fit

If you go to a BARBER, as opposed to a hairdresser, to get a proper haircut, if he's any good, he will cut the sides to the appropriate hat-line on your scone, and all that appears when the hat is worn is the minimum length, so when you remove your hat....voila! no hat head.

David Bresch

Familiar Face
I think that solves a problem I don't have, the mark on hair of it extended past the hatline. My hair is short enough not to have this difficulty but not so short to escape problems. But this is only part of this dreaded condition.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I hate hat hair.
If my hair's any longer than a buzz, I get hat hair.
The nice thing is that you can hide it with a hat.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24