Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Life magazine

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
John,

Thank you so much for posting these ads! They are fantastic.:arated: I love seeing how hats were marketed back then, and I especially like seeing all the relatively unknown companies. The "Fenway" by Borden Hats is a fine example - ah, the "hand-felted edge."

Interestingly, the Mac Lachlan Air-Vac is the same feature, with a different name, that my 1940's Stack Hat offers. I'm guessing here, but both probably came from the same factory in South Norwalk, and were private labels who gave their own name to this feature.

Keep 'em coming!

Brad

This is just great, you guys. Now, if someone could find me a Bevmore Globelair (to go with my Stetson Open Roads and Stratoliner and Dobbs Westward and Mallory Dallas), I would begin to feel that my collection was nearing completion.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
These are great!

I love the pipe smoking duck in the aquapruf ad.

Is there a single year that you think stands out as the crowning moment of the hat industry? From these pages and the few ads I have in my collection, 1947 looks to have been a good year for hat advertising, and possibly even for hats themselves.

Please continue posting pics.

Thanks.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
John , those ads from the Hat Life magazines are really great . I have quite a few of them . One day ,when I figure out how to post pictures on the FL , I'll share pictures from the American Hatter Magazine that was the forrunner to HatLife . I have a run of them from the 1920's .
As for the hight of the hat market . I'd say 1890 to 1929. After the depression , that when fashion started to change and factories started to close .:cool2:

Fedora

Vendor
Besdor,
Start taking pictures and store them on your computer or a disk and I'll help you posting them, it's very easy. Call me or PM me when you're ready. That goes for anybody else that needs help. It would really be great to consolidate all this stuff in one place, otherwise when we're gone this history may go with us. I have personally struggled with putting out these historical documents but came to the conclusion that it should be done, they are only valuable when shared.

John

Wow John, you are a generous man!! I love this stuff and can't keep my fingers off of the right button on my mouse. I used to have all sorts of hat adds from ebay, but lost em all in a crash. These are better, and I can't wait to see some older ones. Thanks! Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner