Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Shops in London?

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Any good hat stores in London ?

Hello everyone,

I'll spend a week in London at the end of May. I plan to buy a spring hat, probably one made of linen
I'm not looking for something unique and expensive, I plan to spend around £50-60.

Can anyone recommend a good place for me ?

Tcampb3422

New in Town
Hello,
We are taking a trip to London for the Thanksgiving holiday. Any recommendations on decent hat shops to check out? We staying in the Bloomsbury area. Also thinking of taking the Stylemaster for journey. Looking to pickup up a feather accessory or a new hat :)
Tom

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hello,
We are taking a trip to London for the Thanksgiving holiday. Any recommendations on decent hat shops to check out? We staying in the Bloomsbury area. Also thinking of taking the Stylemaster for journey. Looking to pickup up a feather accessory or a new hat :)
Tom
Check this list out

https://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Hat+Shops&find_loc=London

I can recommend Lock & Co, if for nothing else, for the history of the place. Bates is also worth a visit. Anyway, check out the last and take your pick.

Have a good trip!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If you can find enough time, take a trip to the Victoria & Albert museum, to see their hat section, it will impress you. The V&A's significant hat collection is a revealing and exciting record of the changes in headgear over the past 17 centuries. From practical to fanciful and mass-produced to bespoke, the myriad of shapes, styles, materials and sizes highlight that there is a hat for every occasion.
The V&A Museum is in South Kensington on The Cromwell Road London SW7 2RL.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
If you can find enough time, take a trip to the Victoria & Albert museum, to see their hat section, it will impress you. The V&A's significant hat collection is a revealing and exciting record of the changes in headgear over the past 17 centuries. From practical to fanciful and mass-produced to bespoke, the myriad of shapes, styles, materials and sizes highlight that there is a hat for every occasion.
The V&A Museum is in South Kensington on The Cromwell Road London SW7 2RL.
+ 1 on Roberts suggestion. The Victoria and Albert is worth a visit for many reasons, not least their hat section.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feather accessory? If it’s a real bird feather ( do they make artificial ones?) check the laws before buying one or moving it across borders. In Canada it’s illegal to buy or sell non domestic bird feathers. It’s also illegal to posses domestic or migratory bird feathers….. So because I own parrots I can take their feathers they molt and put it in my hat band. But if I find a Canadian goose feather on the ground I can’t pick it up and put it on my hat. Weird but it’s the law. Just double check so you don’t get into trouble at customs.
Johnny

Tcampb3422

New in Town

Attachments

• BFBAEB64-EDF3-4D65-84D4-6700F2DC8DB0.jpeg
    BFBAEB64-EDF3-4D65-84D4-6700F2DC8DB0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy