Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat shops in New Orleans?

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
Hi all
I'll be going to New Orleans soon for a visit and wondered if there were any good places to shop for hats down there. I'm on the lookout for mens and women's hats so all suggestions are welcome.
thanks much!

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
As far as I'm concerned, there is only one hat shop in NO- Meyer the Hatter. Been in the same location for over 100 years. Perhaps RedPop will weigh in...

Have a great time in the Big Easy!

RC

spiridon

A-List Customer
Definitely THE best hat shop in New Orleans.....in fact the best in the entire region as far as I know. It's a relatively small shop....but PACKED with hats! Plus, there are untold numbers of hats "stored" in the rooms upstairs. Easy to find, located on St. Charles, just a block off of Canal in downtown NOLA.
Enjoy your visit!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Meyer's is great -- absolutely packed with hats! I guess Shushan's is another hat store in the Big Easy, but I've never actually been there. Anyone know anything about it?

spiridon

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Meyer's is great -- absolutely packed with hats! I guess Shushan's is another hat store in the Big Easy, but I've never actually been there. Anyone know anything about it?

Shushan's is a very nice shop located on Jackson Square. They have a nice selection of hats......very much worth the time to check them out (especially since these two stores are probably only a quarter-mile from each other). If you are looking to pick up a distinctive shirt such as a nice Guayabera(sp?) or the like.....you CERTAINLY should check this place out.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Like most residents, I don't get to these places because they're off MY beaten path. I've been in Meyer a few times, but since it's down in the Central Business District, I'm usually too busy, I don't get down there. Lack of funds is always puts a damper on things as well, between not wanting to pay to park well,I'm a cheapskate.

Anyway, it's a classic, the few times I've been there.

Sadly, their repair guy retired a couple years ago, and he hasn't been replaced. I forgot about Shushan's. They DO have nice shirts.

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
Meyer

I go out of my way to visit Meyer. For anyone visiting New Orleans, it is only two blocks from the Quarter. Their great selection has been mentioned, but I've also always found their customer service to be first rate as well. My last purchase their was a green bowler for Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's. I don't normally buy hats for specific events, but down here the green bowlers are really something else at St. Patrick's. My wife loves to go down there as well, because they have great hats for ladies, and Mrs. Meyer is quick to offer the use of her rest room to a pregnant woman. I have learned a whole new appreciation for places with good bathrooms since my wife and I started having children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot