Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat size? :)

jay12588

New in Town
Hey all!
I am doing a small stats project and am collecting hat sizes for age and weight. All I ask is for your age, weight if you want, and hat size. I will go first.

Age - 22
Weight - 140
Hat - 6 7/8

Thanks for the help all!!!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jay12588 said:
Hey all!
I am doing a small stats project and am collecting hat sizes for age and weight. All I ask is for your age, weight if you want, and hat size. I will go first.

Age - 22
Weight - 140
Hat - 6 7/8

Thanks for the help all!!!
To get hat size, you just subtract three from shoe size. You could save yourself some unnecessary data gathering if you keep in mind that principle.

DarkAudit

New in Town
danofarlington said:
To get hat size, you just subtract three from shoe size. You could save yourself some unnecessary data gathering if you keep in mind that principle.

Um... no. A hat that size would pop my head like a grape. >.<

age 42
wt 225
hat size 7 1/2 (shoe size is 9 1/2 :p )

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington said:
Shoe size 13.. makes hat size 10. False.

Age 20
Weight 175
Hat size 7 3/8 or maybe 7 1/2. Somewhere in there.

edit: The extra info that you don't need... I am 6'6"

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I can be a statistic? Sign me up:

Weight: 171
Hat Size: 7 1/4

Do with it what you will.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
you're not interested in height relative to weight & hat size?

Me:
weight: 220
hat size: 7 7/8 or 7 3/4 (depending on which chart I check = 63cm)

shoe size is 10 1/2*
* in Aus, 11 in US.

edited for height: 6' 3 1/2"

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
My shoe size is 13 and my second toes are a little longer than my big toes. I guess you can probably extrapolate what you need from there.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Age 58 (the old man here so far)
Weight: 165
Hat Size: 7 3/8
Height: 5'7"

My shoe size is only 8.5, so I don't think your equation works, danofarlington, unless its an average over a large population.

Jay, you might want to check height. There could be a correlation between height and head size, but I think weight and hat size (like weight and shoe size) are pretty unrelated. Are you trying to see if our heads have gotten bigger over time (so that age is determinant)?

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
As fer me...

Not that anyone asked... oh, wait, someone did! Well, in that case...

Weight: I refuse to say... Ah, OK, I'm 215. Sheese drag it outta me, will ya!? I know I should lay off the beer and start exercising. But since I'm going to live forever who needs all that effort?
-Hat size: 7 or 7-1/8 depending on the hat maker
-Shoe size: 9 or 10 depending on the shoe maker
-Height: 5 foot 7 and it doesn't matter who makes the ruler on that one

I also have one really small toenail for some reason. All the rest of my nails look normal but the nail on my left foot, the toe just next to my big toe is just 1/8 from cuticle to end. Really small. I just don't get it. Wait, I'm just looking... come to think of it, BOTH of my toes next to the big toes have really small nails. Oh, and I can do that Spock salute with both hands, too. At least my finger nails are all proportionately sized, anyway. I figure that all this useful information will be just as useful as the information requested in the original question, so I am glad to help.
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points