Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Storage

Swapped out the straws with the felts today. Space is tight and all forty hat boxes are in use (some with multiples). The eight “go to” hats are on stands and I don’t have a clue what to do with the 1/2 dozen new arrivals due any day. These are just the hats here in town. Probably twenty more at the farm. I did cull out the hats that don’t fit and will need to find time to find them new homes. How did it get to be this many?

e21daeb8daad02dc1e6fbe8f4bdf915c.jpg

Be careful out there...this can get out of control very easily.

Swapped out the straws with the felts today. Space is tight and all forty hat boxes are in use (some with multiples). The eight “go to” hats are on stands and I don’t have a clue what to do with the 1/2 dozen new arrivals due any day. These are just the hats here in town. Probably twenty more at the farm. I did cull out the hats that don’t fit and will need to find time to find them new homes. How did it get to be this many?

Hats are sneaky like that!

What a problem to have! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My new hat closet was delivered yesterday
f97321b077ab69b9db631c5faa8069a3.jpg
dc9f1c5b84b80b353ab0a6eecb72962d.jpg
e27a45e76f45466ab0aaad0af872a140.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Doc, i ran out of words to express your enthusiasm and passion for all things hats so long ago.
I’ve gone back, over and over, to see someone’s hats but never where someone stores their hats until now.
It’s not often one sees perfection but you have achieved it again!
Heck, even the girl on TV is stunned!!
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Doc, i ran out of words to express your enthusiasm and passion for all things hats so long ago.
I’ve gone back, over and over, to see someone’s hats but never where someone stores their hats until now.
It’s not often one sees perfection but you have achieved it again!
Heck, even the girl on TV is stunned!!
B
Aw, shucks, B! [emoji2]

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
E9616F80-116A-4A23-9E47-DAFB6271D9D3.jpeg

Bob:
Outfriggistanding!!! Seeing this spread just makes me wanna....well reach out there and get me some!!
B
Ps: the one in that silver bowl is a Siren sweetly singing!!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Too late, Bob. Way too late. I have been putting some hats on bandblocks and putting Pecard on the sweats for the last hour.
24cd09a796670ed040a5060ea98d18e9.jpg

I was just thinking the same thing today. I got over it though...

hatsandcanes

Familiar Face
I store some of my hats on hat stands that I made. I used 8" styro balls and mod podged cartoons, music notes and other fun stuff. I placed them on wooden candle holders and some old light fixtures. Hats that I don't plan to wear in the near future goes in a hat box. I will send some pictures when I get home from work. Please share yours.
Thanks much!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I've typically kept my hats in their boxes for years now, which made switching hats in a pinch more of a process. However, this year I was gifted a hat and coat stand for Christmas, which I plan on using. At least it will keep my coats off my bed posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy