Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Stores-a list

I googled hats for Boise and it doesn't look good. What you might do is call the Western shops that have cowboy hats and ask if they handle any fedoras. Most hat shops have a few cowboy hats so a cowboy place might cross over. There is a costume shop that looks like it only has novelty hats.

Check any men's stores sometimes a shop with suits have some good hats.

Next try Goodwill, thrift shops and antique stores sometimes you can have a little good luck and find a fine hat in good shape that fits.

Dan73

New in Town
Thanks for looking guys.

There is one western clothing store that sells some Bailey of Hollywood fedoras (my soon to be wife picked up my Madison from there) and a couple Scala fedoras, but mostly cowboy hats. Other than that, I haven't found anything.

I tried Craigslist, and didn't find anything. Next try will be the goodwill stores, or some antique stores. Sounds like a good place to start.

If all else fails, I'm looking at the Ashland by Stetson on line. Seems to be a nice fedora (I like the style and the low crown), but I wanted to avoid purchasing it without seeing it on my nugget first.

Thanks again, and if someone else finds another avenue worth pursuing, please let me know.

It's simply a sad fact that today many areas simply have no supply of fedoras. It tends to be a regional specialty and also tied to urbane urban areas. You might consider a trip to a city they has some shops listed if time and budget allows.

dbulin

New in Town
A good hat

I will speak for Headz Up Hats Caps & Accessories in Rochester NY. Great styles and good fittings. I purchased a Bailey's Curtis there as an addition to my collection and the service is exceptional!

propp

New in Town
Oh yeah, the list is fantastic. I learned more in an hour reading and bookmarking links, than I ever would've on google. Much appreciation!
Have to read now some other threads on felts, etc...

Duper

Practically Family
I visited The Village Hat Shop location at Seaport Village in San Diego last week. I was disappointed. The store was small, crowded and the quality of hats was definately targeted at the "tourist passing through" crowd. I guess that is what that specific location demands as Seaport Village is a collection of small gift shops selling trinkets, t-shirts, art, food items and some dine in restaurants. Still watching tourists model cloth hats for their friends that a street mime wouldn't be caught dead in was a bit of a put off.

They had a small number of felts behind the cash but mostly cheesy sun hats in the public area. They do have another location in San Diego that may be worth a look. I am sure the sand coloured Akubra Traveller I was wearing was better than 98% of anything on display.

I much prefered visiting Henry the Hatter in Detroit or Henri, Henri in Montreal for the quality of hats displayed and the layouts of the stores.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Good? Unfortunately, no. Not here in the RTP area.

Hey guys, new in town, but I am so glad that I found this site. Last week I did an internet search for hat shops in the Charlotte NC area and found Alexander Hats on East Independence Blvd. The web page did not have any photos but stated that they did hat repair, blocking, new sweat bands etc as well as custom hat making. I have an old wool felt fedora that needs some work done, so I called and got the hours. I made it over there today and I was very impressed. The first thing was that the owner came out and shook my hand and introduced himself. He looked at my hat and explained what he could do about reshaping the brim and explained how one thing would work and another thing wouldn't and why. They cary a lot of nice fur felt, wool felt, caps and can order something if they did not have it. He took the hat I brought in and told me that it would be ready tomorrow. I also ended up buying a nice Bailey snap brim from him as well. It was a nice experience to deal with a business that operated the old fashioned way. The link to the web page is www.alexanderhats.com
Regards

Kirk H.

fmw

One Too Many
I'm just jumping this thread up because I want to mine it for entries into my Fine Hat Primer.

Marcovgv

New in Town
Hat shops in south florida?

Im new to hats and i am interested in a hatshop in south florida. Do you guys have any recommendations?

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've looked through the list but cannot find anything listed for the Charleston SC and Savannah GA areas.

Are there no special hatters in those areas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo