Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat suggestions?

Flyer36

New in Town
Hello all,
I'm new here and looking for hat suggestions. While I love Fedora's I really have no place to wear one right now. I'm looking at getting a vintage or vintage style cap. I have a narrow face so large floppy hats wont work for me. Something that would look good with jeans and a leather jacket would be perfect. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Rob

indycop

I'll Lock Up
First welcome Flyer36!! Second if you like fedoras then you should go with one! Plenty of folks wear them with jeans and a jacket. Any place you might wear a cap you can wear a fedora!:D

EricH

One of the Regulars
Uff Da! Another Minnesotan eh? A fedora goes everywhere and is a classic
with jeans and a jacket. I would try a few on before I went to a cap. You
will find numerous threads on the lounge listing resources to help you choose the right one. It is also important to try them on in person. Little changes in a hat make a big difference. I can suggest a few sources of vintage in The Cities, provided of course you aren't my hat size.;)

Eric

Marty M.

Vendor
Double Uff Da....

Ya sure ya bettcha... Welcome to the Lounge Flyer36. With the weather the way it is up here in "da Nordland", you should have plenty of opportunities to wear hats. Try out a Pork Pie style hat. They're great casual and they go well with us narrow face guys. And if you're in downtown Mpls, stop by our shop and say hello. We'll have som of dos sweedish meetaballs :eusa_doh: .
Marty Mathis

Flyer36

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I live in north west MN, about 100 miles from Canada and about 70 from North Dakota. Unfortunately there aren't any shops that sell hats around here. I may have to rethink getting a Fedora. I do like them.:)

flylot74

One of the Regulars
As a new guy myself, I can testify that you will eventually evolve in that direction anyway. I started with tweed driving caps at first then to straw panama (actually probably a cuenca) in the summer. My first felt fedora was an Orvis wool. Now I wear fedoras all the time. I now only wear a flat cap when donning a shooting vest and my smoothbore!

Welcome! You will find a virtual cornucopia of information dispensed by the world's friendliest folks!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Cap suggestions

Welcome, Flyer36.

You should take a look at the thread linked below. It's a good place to start looking at various types of caps.

showthread.php

L HATLEY

One of the Regulars
WEARE THE HAT

FLYER 36 any time you walk out of the house
is a good time to wear a Hat.
with your Jeans, Leather Jacket I would say wear
an "Indie Style with brim diped in front and back"
..:eusa_clap

Flyer36

New in Town
flylot74 said:
Flyer36, judging from your moniker and your location, could I assume that gopher (GEP) would mean something to you?

The only gopher that comes to mind is the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Flyer36

New in Town
I was showing a friend of mine the kind of hats I was looking at (Fedora's). He said those are pretty cool, but you know I'm going to have to call you Indiana Jones. My reply was thats fine because you know I'm going to have to "educate" you on the use of a blackjack.:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Flyer36 said:
I was showing a friend of mine the kind of hats I was looking at (Fedora's). He said those are pretty cool, but you know I'm going to have to call you Indiana Jones. My reply was thats fine because you know I'm going to have to "educate" you on the use of a blackjack.:D
lol lol lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou