Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat theft! Happen to You?

Obvious or oblivious?

In a few of the stories I am struck by the stupidity of the thief, hanging around where the hat was stolen, wearing it to school the next day?

I just don't know what to say, brazen or braindead?

I don't want to give lessons on what to do when stealing but come on!

I am reminded of the guy that left the note at the bank robbery, he had written it on his personalized deposit slip.

!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad for those that got their hats back, but somebody's heirs are future Darwin Award winners.

BigSho

Vendor
I hear it al the time that people get their hats taken from coat checks, the train, the bus, and other various places. But the one that irks me the most, and I hear it a lot more often than one might think, is people getting their hats stolen from church. I mean thats just low.

Jeremy

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
My hat's off to you guys, Wconly, Dinerman, for taking your hat back from the thief. :eusa_clap. Raw anger is just what it takes.

When a thief (idiot) takes a man's hat and shows up again, wearing the purloined article, in the same vicinity, does he bother to remove the owner's ID from the hat?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I had my name on a card on the underside of the sweatband. I could prove it was mine.

so- mine didn't bother to take out the tag.

Mindraker

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Uh, go easy on the language there. I would have nailed him like the guy on the escalator. He would have been eating hat nuggets. :rage:

Regards,

J

Note the use of the "question mark"... It was a question, not a statement. Take your anger, "rage", out on someone else.

funnegirl

New in Town
Maybe we're lucky?

Well, ladies and gents alike, neither Dad ( AKA Funneman ) or I have had a hat stolen. I feel lucky now, reading some of these stories. I think the lowest is the hat theft in a church. Tsk tsk, what is the world coming to these days?

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
i got the perfect solution for you,se toper jackin problem
dillinger.gif

60movie2.jpg

my pal tommy the perfect accessory for your prized toper C yea yea :D

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
In some states it's legal to shoot a fleeing felon. Depending on that state, and what classifies as Grand Theft, these thieves should be careful.

TOK

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I never let mine out of sight. The old days of hat/coat check is long gone in establishments so you just have to keep it close.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
My baseball cap got stolen off my head when i was in high school. Damn those bullies. I hate testosterone; it makes people do such silly things.

If they replaced it with a felt fedora, it'd be a
public service... :p

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
J.B. said:

All is well. The hat was still hanging on the peg, and it's safely back on my head today, keeping me warm in the cold snap that just blew in.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised (and certainly pleased). I go to church in the middle of the city, where cars have been stolen out of the parking lot before.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, you can strip a car for parts and sell them. Ever tried to sell parts off a stripped hat? You'd starve to death trying to live off the profits.[huh] ;)

Regard! Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic