Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat with unusual bow & Cavanagh edge (requested by Brad)

astaire

One of the Regulars
Here you are Brad, as you asked:

barcelona20.jpg

It's from the same seller who sold Douglas' one and only Portis Hat.

I've been a bit reluctant to post this hat since I am a bit nervous with the brand's name: Barcelona. It is a twenty, which I guess wasn't really cheap back then.

Do tell your comments, good or bad....

Thanks All!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong with that hat! Nice size crown and brim, and the bow is pretty sharp.

One thing I'm hesitant about, though...

From the profile, the hat looks like it has an underwelt, rather than a Cavanagh Edge. Am I seeing things here?

Either way, it's still a very nice hat!

Brad

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Niccce Hat, It was the Portis or this one and I chose the Portis. I'm glad someone here got that hat. It looks great and that is some impressive bow. I was very close to bidding on this hat.Has it arrived yet? I would be interested to know how it feels.

astaire

One of the Regulars
Brad: Thanks and you have sharp eyes. I was looking at that edging very closely too before i bid. But i thought it would be a cav-edge since it's a twenty (but i could be wrong).

Douglas and Brad: The hat has arrived, but i'm out of town:eusa_doh:

Will let you know when i get home later this week...

Thanks again!

DOUGLAS

Edge or welt you've got a fine looking hat astaire. I look foward to seeing it.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
that's slick.

I saw it. I wanted it. I didn't get it. I regret it.

but it went out of my price range anyhow- so no use lamenting the fact.

nice score.

astaire

One of the Regulars
I'm back from my trip

funny, we usually wait for a hat to arrive, and this time the hat is waiting for me to come back from a trip abroad.

Well, i was really nervous about this hat for a while. However, i'm glad it turns out to be as nice as i have hoped for. Douglas and Brad, the felt is pleasantly as nice and soft as my dobbs twenty and it does have the cavanagh edge. What a relieve...:D

barcelona20small.jpg

While i'm usually a sucker for traditional bows, this one i happen to like alot (a first and surprise for myself).

Hope you guys like it.

Douglas, the bash is an ode to your portislol

Thanks everyone!

DOUGLAS

AND ALL THAT

worrying for nothing. That hat looks great .Can we get a pic of it being worn? How is the interior? CONGRATS.:eusa_clap [huh]

astaire

One of the Regulars
It's alot like Marc's new hat

the crown is nearly six inches. The brim is 2-3/4 inches. The color is slightly darker than the picture above.

Douglas, I'll try to post pics of the interior after i finish transferring the files off my memory card.

I do wonder how old this hat is. Someone suggested that Marc's hat is from the 30's. But do they make them with that wide a brim back then?

Thanks for the positive comment everyone. I'm really happy for this one.

Wow! I always thought Barcelona was a cheap Borsalino fake but this hat is something worthy of a name of its own. Twenty bucks for that time was not a cheap hat. It doesn't look cheap either.
I wonder if somone out there has more information on this brand. I have not come across anything that sheds any light on its origins or what became of it. [huh]

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot