Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

Pictured on top of two Resistol boxes which themselves are on a Portis box, is my 60's Marathon box. It has a cool embossed design with JP on the lid. I show this box as I recently have filled it with a 60's Marathon hat pictured!!
M
View attachment 106344 View attachment 106345 View attachment 106346 View attachment 106347
As an update, I have since found (and was alerted by a couple of fellow loungers) that both the box and hat are from the 1950's and hence are earlier than I suspected.
The hat indeed is really nice felt.....great soft hand.
M:)

In another conversation about Thoroughbred hats.......I realized I had not posted this:
20180724_155031.jpg
20180724_155041.jpg
20180724_155023~2.jpg
20180724_155107~2.jpg

img_1831-jpg.129212

I think it says MONZA TAR BATTLE, maybe that has something to do with the RUGGED MAN medieval box art but not sure how that would carry over to the name of a fedora model.

img_1831-jpg.129212

I think it says MONZA TAR BATTLE, maybe that has something to do with the RUGGED MAN medieval box art but not sure how that would carry over to the name of a fedora model.

I think they are two different stamps, the "fonts" look different. One, perhaps MONZA, is the model, the other the color. I cannot think of what TAR BATTLE could be shorthand for.

Thin a$$ ribbon in battleship grey? [emoji4]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I think they are two different stamps, the "fonts" look different. One, perhaps MONZA, is the model, the other the color. I cannot think of what TAR BATTLE could be shorthand for.

Thin a$$ ribbon in battleship grey? [emoji4]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
You may be correct about the fonts but the only common letter to compare is the letter A.

I quickly looked thru the Champ ads thread looking for RUGGED MAN or MONZA, & keeping BB's 3-cord Champ in mind but found nothing.

MONZA was probably the hat model. If it was an early 1960's thin ribbon a man would have been modern & really in style wearing his Champ MONZA while driving his brand new Chevrolet Corvair MONZA convertible.

You may be correct about the fonts but the only common letter to compare is the letter A.

I quickly looked thru the Champ ads thread looking for RUGGED MAN or MONZA, & keeping BB's 3-cord Champ in mind but found nothing.

MONZA was probably the hat model. If it was an early 1960's thin ribbon a man would have been modern & really in style wearing his Champ MONZA while driving his brand new Chevrolet Corvair MONZA convertible.

Can a hat be unsafe at any speed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112