Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HATCO Sold...

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Well, most of the hats you see over here are Stetsons (Borsalino hats generally cost the double). Not that this is anything scientific, researched or anything: just observation, (and NOT including the cloth stingy brims young people wear).
So...go go go Stetson.
Paul

m000m000

One of the Regulars
tonyb said:
The Stetson name alone is gold. Even people who know next to nothing about hats know the Stetson name. (Well, people of a certain age, anyway. Maybe the youngsters have no firsthand knowledge.)
Yes, a personal observation I've made over the years is that among a lot of non-hat people (especially people old enough to actually have lived when hats were more commonplace), Stetson seems to be pretty much a synonym with the word fedora or "men's hat", up to the point where I feel it is more well known than the actual hat name itself.

I'd wager it's a leftover from the hat haydays, when Stetson hats used to be manufactured under license even up here in the cold north, and given they seemed to be the "go-to" brand, it's not that surprising I suppose.
Well, I guess there's always also the bit that the actual word "fedora" doesn't sit really too well into the finnish language and stands out way more than something like Stetson, but who knows.

rrog

A-List Customer
I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that anything that's good for Stetson would probably be good for hat wearers in general. The context of my thinking is that as Stetson flourishes, hat wearers and hat wearing flourishes.

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld