Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Nice! If my throat didn’t seem to close up after drinking scotch, I think Lagavulin would be my favorite. I had it a few times where the bar tender smoked the glass over a cedar plank first, and it was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They used to say one had to acquire a taste for Scotch Whisky...I guess I acquired it the first time I tasted it! For Islays I like Lagavulin more than Ardbeg or Laphoraig. I still like Lagavulin 16 more than 8, but I think 8 is new to take pressure off the availability of 16 so I hold back my 16 for special nights. But any of the Islays are great with a charcoal grilled steak.

I just enjoyed some Gator Bites in a brown roux for a Happy Hour dinner at one of my favorite Cajun bars, wearing the Moore Hat Co Bulldogger. I'm thinking tonight will be a good time to open this second bottle of nutty flavored hemp Chaplin Hills Moonshine I got in June.

IMG_7237.JPG

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am curious about that hemp shine. It will be interesting to hear your review. I have had hemp ale, and it had a slight peppery taste.
They used to say one had to acquire a taste for Scotch Whisky...I guess I acquired it the first time I tasted it! For Islays I like Lagavulin more than Ardbeg or Laphoraig. I still like Lagavulin 16 more than 8, but I think 8 is new to take pressure off the availability of 16 so I hold back my 16 for special nights. But any of the Islays are great with a charcoal grilled steak.

I just enjoyed some Gator Bites in a brown roux for a Happy Hour dinner at one of my favorite Cajun bars, wearing the Moore Hat Co Bulldogger. I'm thinking tonight will be a good time to open this second bottle of nutty flavored hemp Chaplin Hills Moonshine I got in June.

View attachment 137500

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am curious about that hemp shine. It will be interesting to hear your review. I have had hemp ale, and it had a slight peppery taste.

I've already killed the first of two bottles. If you like good strong shine this is pretty good. Nothing artificial, no sweetener. It has a nice nutty flavor & some pepper, with all the burn. Not for kids.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tough day at our house. After 14 years of sharing life with our Portugese Water Dog, Beatrice or Tris, died comfortable and quiet this morning. I am savoring a bit of coffee and reminiscing about the unconditional love my dog has shared. She helped me to be a better human.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

I share with the other dog owners on this thread an older pic of Tris and myself (I am the bald person).

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Cheers to Tris and all the dogs who have gone before us all.

Eric -

Tough day at our house. After 14 years of sharing life with our Portugese Water Dog, Beatrice or Tris, died comfortable and quiet this morning. I am savoring a bit of coffee and reminiscing about the unconditional love my dog has shared. She helped me to be a better human.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

I share with the other dog owners on this thread an older pic of Tris and myself (I am the bald person).

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -
So sorry to hear this Eric. I hope that fond memories will replace the pain soon.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -
Sorry to hear Eric. Been down that road many times. I wish I was the human my dogs think I am.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric, so sorry to hear of your loss of Tris. Dogs touch our hearts like no other.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -

So sorry for your and your family's loss Eric.

dogs-lives-are-too-short.jpg

Last edited:

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -
Eric, I am so sorry for your loss. Over the years you have shared the love of your dogs with us as we have with you. There are greater losses, or so I have been told, but few are greater than the loss of a faithful, unquestioning, non-judgmental friend. I grieve with you. I leave to go spend time with my hounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran