Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Waiting for a couple of buddies from High School (in town for the 40th reunion which I will skip — I like to remember the girls from when they were 18). They’re going to be 30 minutes late so I should have a decent head start. Dobbs Rainbow and a Piney River Black Walnut Wheat.

View attachment 137707
Are your buddies getting their beer goggles on before going? Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Went and refilled my Dirty Hippy growler at Omni Brewing this afternoon.

i-dHKcKWL-M.jpg

A vintage Stetson Playboy was my hat of choice.

i-P2jLNwv-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Tough day at our house. After 14 years of sharing life with our Portugese Water Dog, Beatrice or Tris, died comfortable and quiet this morning. I am savoring a bit of coffee and reminiscing about the unconditional love my dog has shared. She helped me to be a better human.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

I share with the other dog owners on this thread an older pic of Tris and myself (I am the bald person).

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Cheers to Tris and all the dogs who have gone before us all.

Eric -

So sorry to hear about this, Eric. Dogs truly are family, and I've never understood folks who believe otherwise. Sincere condolences.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Tough day at our house. After 14 years of sharing life with our Portugese Water Dog, Beatrice or Tris, died comfortable and quiet this morning. I am savoring a bit of coffee and reminiscing about the unconditional love my dog has shared. She helped me to be a better human.

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

I share with the other dog owners on this thread an older pic of Tris and myself (I am the bald person).

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -
I can feel your pain, ours is going on 16 now and seems to be slipping a little more every day. It's a tough one losing our 4 legged friends Best wishes to you.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

i-vd9kwdC-M.jpg

i-FLN2m3d-M.jpg

Eric -

Sorry to read this, Eric. 14 is a good run; my husky is coming up on that age too, with some pretty noticeable signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
be2f4e531fb66ab82b6e82861a9544d3.jpg

A rare weekend without work. Better get this party started.

(Better yet, now that I think of it, here’s a toast to Tris, Eric.)

Thanks Jeff! I hope you have plenty of quality time with your beloved dog.

Thanks to all!

Thanks guys for the condolences for the passing of my dog Tris (Beatrice). I do miss her. I miss my dog a lot. Cheers to all the Loungers dogs, present and past!

This afternoon I finished up work and headed out to pick up a couple of growlers at a "new" to me brewery. Dangerous man Brewery, https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/, on the surface may be similar to many brewery's in midst of the current popularity of the mini-brewery pop-ups. At the tasting level the brews are truly tasty. I tasted several brews that I could easily become more regular beers at my house. I brought home 3 offferings - a Chocolate Milk Stout ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/chocolate-milk-stout/), Guava Passion Fruit Sour ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/guava-passionfruit-sour/) , A Tri-Hop Sour ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/tri-hop-sour/). The Chocolate Milk Stout is way better than the other milk stouts I have sampled. They typically had a false or fake milk taste that was a bit off putting. This has a rich milk tongue taste - I was told they do use real milk products. I have no idea if it makes the difference, but the brew is grand. The Guava Passion Fruit is another beer that I know I am not supposed to enjoy, but darn if while it is fruity but it sour and thick enough to be real beer. I do like it. Expectations be damned.

Aywhoooo, I have a several fellow coaches over for some dinner and we are enjoying the new found brewery's offerings. One resides in Japan, and another other from central Europe, a couple local and a couple others from the west coast of the US. They are enjoying what Minnesota, USA has to offer in the way of beer. Between some slow roasted ribs (been roasting almost 10 hours), homemade Scandinavian rye bread and beer my neighborhood, Minnesota, should rise in their gastronomic metric.

i-fthm3bH-M.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jeff! I hope you have plenty of quality time with your beloved dog.

Thanks to all!

Thanks guys for the condolences for the passing of my dog Tris (Beatrice). I do miss her. I miss my dog a lot. Cheers to all the Loungers dogs, present and past!

This afternoon I finished up work and headed out to pick up a couple of growlers at a "new" to me brewery. Dangerous man Brewery, https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/, on the surface may be similar to many brewery's in midst of the current popularity of the mini-brewery pop-ups. At the tasting level the brews are truly tasty. I tasted several brews that I could easily become more regular beers at my house. I brought home 3 offferings - a Chocolate Milk Stout ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/chocolate-milk-stout/), Guava Passion Fruit Sour ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/guava-passionfruit-sour/) , A Tri-Hop Sour ( https://dangerousmanbrewing.com/beer/tri-hop-sour/). The Chocolate Milk Stout is way better than the other milk stouts I have sampled. They typically had a false or fake milk taste that was a bit off putting. This has a rich milk tongue taste - I was told they do use real milk products. I have no idea if it makes the difference, but the brew is grand. The Guava Passion Fruit is another beer that I know I am not supposed to enjoy, but darn if while it is fruity but it sour and thick enough to be real beer. I do like it. Expectations be damned.

Aywhoooo, I have a several fellow coaches over for some dinner and we are enjoying the new found brewery's offerings. One resides in Japan, and another other from central Europe, a couple local and a couple others from the west coast of the US. They are enjoying what Minnesota, USA has to offer in the way of beer. Between some slow roasted ribs (been roasting almost 10 hours), homemade Scandinavian rye bread and beer my neighborhood, Minnesota, should rise in their gastronomic metric.

i-fthm3bH-M.jpg

I’ve been looking for a really good milk stout. I wonder if they distribute in my area. I’ll keep an eye out.

I’ve been looking for a really good milk stout. I wonder if they distribute in my area. I’ll keep an eye out.

Jeff, don't know what profile you're looking for in a stout but Granite City blends a half & half of their Broadaxe Oatmeal Stout & their Bennie, a German bock. You have to ask for it. They call it the Blarney or Blarney Stone. The profile ends up being more chocolate/chocolate milk; less coffee & vanilla than Broadaxe Oatmeal Stout.

They also do a "Two Pull" which is really a 4-pull: Bennie - Duke Pale Ale, Bennie - Duke Pale Ale on top.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Hey HJ...............that rain stain looks good on the hat.:D Gives it character that it's worn and used.:cool:
I got mine wet the other day and just dabbed her and let her air dried. No worries there!:)

They need sweat and rain form time to time:rolleyes:

Ro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto