Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Wow, how cool is that HJ? I know diddly about schnapps outside of an oyster bar in Gulf Shores that had a schnapps night where schnapps shots were a dollar. Thought butterscotch was nothing but a candy flavor until then. Is it just me or is the whole schnapps and oyster thing just wrong; though I am a fan of Rumple Minz.

Hurricane Jack and Desert dog like this.
  2. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Oh man! Rumple minz. My brother in law and I shared and Ice cold bottle with a bartender in the Sierras. He couldn't even fish the next day. I've never let him forget it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bamaboots and Hurricane Jack like this.
  3. As a kid I drank Peppermint Schnapps like a Boilermaker a few times but that's about it. I broke the seal on this butterscotch to smell it & it does smell like fresh baked cookies. I can see how it would be good in coffee or maybe in an ice cream shake. It might be too sweet for me to drink much of it straight, I'll see in time.

Desert dog and Bamaboots like this.
  4. Tonight it was a favorite meal of mine, Cajun Blackened Catfish filets with dirty rice, Hush Puppies & new potatos, several Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ales from Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co, wearing my VS Playboy clone.

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

I love this bar!

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

5. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

I have neglected sharing the past couple of weeks. I have been reading and generally I am thirstier after reading your posts.

Two weeks apart and they show the same beverage after home work efforts. Cheers with Guinness Stout!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh wait a second - I saved a pic of my mug of coffee in the heavy rains a while back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

6. Wearing a Moore 3x6 during Sunday Somber Hour. Barkeeps call it Somber Hour cause everyone is in a somber mood knowing they have to go back to work tomorrow! Drinking Belgian Saisons @ 6.8% ABV with a growler for later.

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

7. Short Balding Guy

Ahhh coffee!

[​IMG]

Yesterdays grilling beverage. Guinness Stout pairs well everyday with everything, IMO.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

8. Short Balding Guy

This evening out and about having some espresso with a couple of fish tacos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

9. Stetson One-hundred which I have christened Dog Bone 100 after reading Dog Bone was Resistol's name for the crease. Drinking some GC 2-Pulls during HH.

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

I have another Stetson One-hundred that was christened "jefe" while spending last winter in Corpus Christi. Yrs ago I had an early black Stetson Gun Club with Alpaca Silver conchos christened 38DD. But that's another story. It takes a very special hat with a life of its own to earn a nickname like that.

10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Loosely translated to hat size 7 5/8.

11. Something like that. I had to leave that hat behind one night.

12. A Resistol San Antonio 3X while enjoying some Esperanto Blanco at home tonight.

IMG_4300.jpg

13. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Trying to escape the heat, with a Lagunitas IPA. The Artel, which I have determined to be sisal, is light and cool.[​IMG]

14. Stetson One-hundred on a Saturday night! Jefe! My usual
    Dos Equis with some Tex-Mex.

BB: T-2 & counting!

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

15. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Beautiful hat, I really like the crease!

16. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

A few Mike's Hard Lemonades at the party yesterday...
    [​IMG]

17. Short Balding Guy

Yesterday after some chainsaw work in the yard I stopped to enjoy a Founders Porter and check on sun tea I started in the early morning. Unfortunately the cloud cover was delaying the brewing.

[​IMG]

Please excuse me as I was not wearing a fedora. I was wearing a ball cap when working in the close brush and woods. I have not figured out how to wear a brimmed hat and ear protection in close brush with a chainsaw. It is one of the limits when wearing a brimmed hat.

Best, Eric -

18. Very pleasant & peaceful setting, Eric.

Short Balding Guy and Bamaboots like this.
  19. Indeed. We'll forgive you for no fedorao_O

20. Time for some good BBQ but I have to make a sacrifice in my choice of beers to get it. Since I'm enjoying life this afternoon & rain returns tomorrow, I'm wearing this Bone colored soft 3x6 from Moore Hat Co that came to me by way of Bamaboots!

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg