Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Arrived home this morning after some all night travels. Staying on schedule with a dog soiree, yard chores and fixing breakfast. The slowly climbing 70'f morning temps with very high humidity have me feeling whooped. Going to sit on the dock with an early morning beer - All Day IPA (Founders).

[​IMG]

You folks have mentioned before "day drinking" - this is early morning drinking.

Cheers, Eric -

2. Short Balding Guy

A trade has me being able to sample a Stone IPA. It appears frequently on the "popular rating sites" as in the top 3 IPA's offered in the US. I do really like this beer after the first bottle. It has a well balanced taste between the hops, malt, citrus and piney tastes. Todays warm and humid conditions affect my preferences and it rocks today. I will work thru my 6 pack the next weeks. This will not be hard work.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Today I take my hat off and lift a drink of TN whiskey to the friend of a friend. I will never know this man yet I know those that did gathered today to share their memories of him as someone they loved. He has family and friends that will not get over this loss but they will move on. That's what we do. To him and them, I lift this drink.

May his memory always bring you blessings.

Many, if not most of us have been there and if we live long enough we'll see it more than enough.

To my friends,
    CIMG6971.JPG

4. Short Balding Guy

Cheers to the fallen and those who go before us. The memory's of their human spirit and actions fill us and will not be forgotten.

Excellent celebratory choice. Glad your dogs are chasing away the crazy folks at the back fence. ;)

Best this evening sir, Eric -

5. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

The greatest legacy is the love of family and friends left behind. I hope your grief is short, and your happy memories of your friend are long!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Thank you BB. Your post means a lot to me. I hope I'm not going to embarrass you but I wanted to tell you that publicly. I've lost a cousin before, grandparents & my parents, & this hurts just as bad. Who could have known that a random selection of college roommates could have been so fortuitous? I like to think that neither of us would have accomplished what we did without the other, but I know for damn sure that's true for me. So for a long time to come when I swirl a little Whiskey it will be to all the memories & my good fortune from so long ago.

I'm headed for a cabin in the Wilderness in the morning for a few days. I'll be in touch when I get back.

7. Short Balding Guy

Be well Jack. I will tip a salute to you this evening.

Eric -

8. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

These are moving words and a beautiful toast from BB. Sending condolences and wishing strength to you and those who have recently lost a loved one. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Short Balding Guy

I have completed a couple of yard chores and sipping a Guinness Draught this morning. It is an excellent breakfast beverage.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

10. Short Balding Guy

Went out to listen to jazz/blues fingerstyle guitar late morning. Enjoying some espresso and then coffee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Home grilling some catfish for tacos. I am sipping some Founders Blushing Monk that pairs well with the grilled fish.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

11. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

Light hat, dark beers:
    IMG_20190707_220039236.jpg

Picked up a couple 4-pks on the Fourth at a rural grocer that carries a great selection of regional beers. I know it's summer but I'm still partial to the darker beers - porters and stouts. Hunter by 18th Street Brewery and Dark Side of the Moo by Burn 'Em Brewing, both milk stouts.

12. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought I was done, but too many new flavors tempted my palette.

[​IMG]

Just water, thank you.

[​IMG]

13. I love brown beers too, anything from Brown Ales, Lagers, Bocks, Porters no matter the time of yr. I love the complex flavors.

Did you drink their full flight?

14. A friend bought a bottle of Don Elias Extra Aneijo Tequila for us to share. Expensive bottle but I found it to be too sweet for my tastes. Really no cooked agave flavor came thru, not much smoke like Anejo. I much prefer Blanco or a Repo to either Anejo or Extra Anejo. Showing a close up of the bottle for the hat.

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

15. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Not everything. I had the pale ale, whiskey barrel stout, and dry hopped porter on the tour. Then the lighter flight with kolsch, saison, a very hazy citrusy ipa, and finished with something real easy and floral. Might have been a sour but I can’t remember the names of those.

16. Let me know next time & I'll take you to the Drunken Worm, just a little hole in the wall but they have 120 different kinds of Tequilas & Mezcals.

IMG_1200.PNG

17. All this talk & pics about good Q I had to have some good ribs without all the sides, so I grabbed my Moore Bulldogger & headed to a place for some good short end spare ribs. They bring them out 1/2 slab at a time.

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

18. Short Balding Guy

Dang now I am hungry for Q and thirsty!

Looks delicious guys.

19. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Do it! I’m glad I did, because now I’m back home and all I have in the pantry is potato chips and peanut butter.

20. TOF, what's your verdict on peanut butter beers?

Could it have been Boulevard's Smooth Fuzz Belgian-style ale "aged in oak barrels and foeders for up to 36 months. Tart and funky, Smooth Fuzz rested on whole apricots prior to bottling to infuse juicy stone fruit flavors..."? It's on tap at the Growler station this wk. Belgian style sounds great to me but I don't know about "tart & funky".

I'm headed to a quick meeting with the tax man wearing a Stetson One-hundred, & plan to fill my growler with something on the way home.

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg