Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned A-List Customer

Overall just "meh." Prominent aroma and finish of peanut butter, but other than that singular gimmicky dimension nothing special. It did remind me of eating a homemade peanut butter cookie, so not a bad experience by any means. After two or three mouthfuls, however, the novelty had run its course. One can was more than enough.

2. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

+1 -well said!

bowlerman and TheOldFashioned like this.
  3. Then I guess peanut butter whiskey is out of the question.

IMG_4542.jpg

steur and Just A Hat Rack like this.
  4. I hit HH for an early dinner with some nut brown Ale, wearing my SBCD.

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

I filled my growler with Evil Twin Brewing CO's Bible Belt American Imperial Double Stout. 13% ABV. Aged on coffee, vanilla, chilies, and "theobroma cacao nibs". Chilies & coffee or chilies & chocolate seem to be common. Must have something to do with a hint of heat & sweet. Should be a relaxing evening on the veranda.

5. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

I had some peanut butter stout, and felt the same way! No need to try again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bowlerman and TheOldFashioned like this.
  6. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned A-List Customer

I could maybe see that being used to create an "adult" milkshake but otherwise that's practically whiskey heresy! At least the ABV is 6x, so there's that I guess.

7. Reminds me of a recipe my maternal grandmother had for a holiday Pecan nut bread with Crown Royal. She was a teetotaler when it came to alcohol but she loved to make this bread. It was a thick, heavy, moist holiday bread with pecans, dried apples & Crown Royal. Thick like a moist cake. She had increased the recipe to where a bottle of Crown Royal would make 7 small loafs & she would make them around the holiday season, giving some to her friends for Christmas.

At $21.00 a bottle this peanut butter whiskey can't be a premium whiskey.

8. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Been curious about the sipping tequilas so I picked this up. Here it is with my 3X Stetson Western last night.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross Young, RBH, steur and 7 others like this.
  9. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

With the start of a warm Minnesota afternoon I went over and picked up a growler of the new OMNI Strawberry Rhubarb Milkshake IPA. It was released today. A summer sour beer that is thick and hazy with very light strawberry and rubbarb appearing on the first sniff. A sip of the medium thick beer has it with a tasty, not thick to the taste and finishing with sour notes. IMO, an excellent warm weather sipping beer.

[​IMG]

I have guests coming later to share some leek, cod and oyster stew and thought that this beer along an option of a light german styled beer would pair well.

Cheers this afternoon. Best, Eric -

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    RBH, Bushman, steur and 5 others like this.
  10. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack A-List Customer

Good grief, that doesn't even sound good! That being said, I can be a sucker for these types of things. At the end of the day, I prefer bourbon flavored whiskey.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

11. The only thing I can think of would be to use it in cooking. I wondered how it might be as a marinade for a grilled steak? To me I don't care for Makers Mark but it makes a good marinade for steaks, about 30 min before they go on the grill. It imparts a nice caramel flavor to the beef.

RBH and Just A Hat Rack like this.
  12. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack A-List Customer

You might be right. I'm not much of a cook, but I've had some desserts made with bourbon that it just might go well with.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

13. I have a bottle of Butterscotch Schnapps Lequer from Spain given to me. It's too sweet for me even in hot coffee. I figured out I can dull down a shot of it by adding it to a Cold Brew coffee in the afternoon. Other than that it's pretty undrinkable for me.

Just A Hat Rack likes this.
  14. Earlier before it got too hot out I was strumming with Stranahan's & a Woomera on the veranda, while a pot of Southern Burgoo simmered out back on the patio on a propane burner. Put some new strings on the Epiphone too.

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

15. The heat today (& the rest of the wk coming up) called for a hemp OR. Spent HH in a little hole in the wall were the AC worked good, plenty of cold Dos Equis Lagers on tap & they make the best chicken fajitas I've ever had! Bar none!

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

16. Excessive heat warning starts tomorrow thru the weekend. Still damp but I figured I could wear the Gannon Dogbone from the AC house to the AC truck to the AC bar for HH. Enjoyed some good company & several pours of Tequila Repo with Ambers back for Tequila Tues.

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg