Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I got an invitation to join a private cigar lounge opening up Sept 2nd at a bar I haven't been to in a long while, so I went to check it out. Tried a couple Evil Twin Brewing's Metro Man Imperial Stouts, at 10.7% ABV. I got the taste of black licorice, coffee, chocolate & some non citrus fruit? Then because I haven't had one in a while & I was searchin' for something I finished the night with a Founder's Breakfast Stout. Only then did I realize it's Tequila Thursday. That's one I'll never get back!

It's a nice cool evening so I wore jefe, a Stetson One-hundred.

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
LOL...do I read a bit of sarcasm in there somewhere?

Best be pounding rather than sipping those for impending adventure

Yes, sarcasm was in my post. The adventure was shopping for bed linens, bathroom towels, wife heels, with additional stops at Michael's and Target. It was considerate of my wife to include me in the errands, and wish me to have input. I was unsuccessful in encouraging her to go alone as I thoroughly trust my wife in these errands.

I went, provided input when asked and smiled and nodded to sales staff.

Finally home. I think I may open another hazy Hurley to reflect.

Yes, sarcasm was in my post. The adventure was shopping for bed linens, bathroom towels, wife heels, with additional stops at Michael's and Target. It was considerate of my wife to include me in the errands, and wish me to have input. I was unsuccessful in encouraging her to go alone as I thoroughly trust my wife in these errands.

I went, provided input when asked and smiled and nodded to sales staff.

Finally home. I think I may open another hazy Hurley to reflect.
I figured out long ago that when it came to sheets, towels & curtains if I picked out leopard skin or just plain black she quit asking me to go.

Lazy morning so I grabbed a Gannon & went out for breakfast.

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

When I got out this 7XCB OR to compare with the 7X Fifty today, I realized it had been a while since I last wore it. With heavy rains moving in tomorrow thru Fri it will be a while before anyone around here will be wearing any "elitist" hats, so I'm making hay while the sun still shines. And enjoying several Dos Equis Lagers & shots of Maestro Dobel Silver Tequila.

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
When I got out this 7XCB OR to compare with the 7X Fifty today, I realized it had been a while since I last wore it. With heavy rains moving in tomorrow thru Fri it will be a while before anyone around here will be wearing any "elitist" hats, so I'm making hay while the sun still shines. And enjoying several Dos Equis Lagers & shots of Maestro Dobel Silver Tequila.

Thanks for sharing your hat and delicious repast and quality imbibed liquids. Rain, storms, winds, hot weather - I look forward to the rather boring cold weather, aka winter, that is coming.

Jack I hope the "elitist" comment was not a reaction to anyone or a post. If so that is uncalled for. "Elitist" hats I do not equate with the name Jack, Dos Equis nor Dobel. IMO, they appear to pair well. I do not argue that a 7XCB or a &X Fifty process some characteristics that I value. The idea that the hats deserve influence or authority greater than that of others seems a bit far stretched. They just have some very unique qualities and are more rare than many. I read in another thread this evening the word "elitist" and immediately got cautious and reminded myself that folks generally mean no offense. I lean to the history of good will and good intentions that I experience on this forum and consider that no offense was intended.

Perhaps I am overly sensitive tonight. I chalk it up to being in the gym today with 100's of teen and pre-teen girls doing gymnastics.

Ahhhh, I am sitting down to a Guinness and some evening reading. I am cool and calmer after typing the reply above. I hope I not an alarmist this evening. Best folks, Eric -

Thanks for sharing your hat and delicious repast and quality imbibed liquids. Rain, storms, winds, hot weather - I look forward to the rather boring cold weather, aka winter, that is coming.

Jack I hope the "elitist" comment was not a reaction to anyone or a post. If so that is uncalled for. "Elitist" hats I do not equate with the name Jack, Dos Equis nor Dobel. IMO, they appear to pair well. I do not argue that a 7XCB or a &X Fifty process some characteristics that I value. The idea that the hats deserve influence or authority greater than that of others seems a bit far stretched. They just have some very unique qualities and are more rare than many. I read in another thread this evening the word "elitist" and immediately got cautious and reminded myself that folks generally mean no offense. I lean to the history of good will and good intentions that I experience on this forum and consider that no offense was intended.

Perhaps I am overly sensitive tonight. I chalk it up to being in the gym today with 100's of teen and pre-teen girls doing gymnastics.

Ahhhh, I am sitting down to a Guinness and some evening reading. I am cool and calmer after typing the reply above. I hope I not an alarmist this evening. Best folks, Eric -
Eric, it was the other "elitist" post that I took exception to. As pointed out by a moderator recently (Andykev) in the proposed wiki thread, for over 15 yrs the FL hat section has been about vintage felt hats & identical custom clones of vintage felt hats. Now it has been asserted that if you don't "ooh & aah" & hit the "like" button for the latest thrift store find or new hat from LL Bean, then you are an elitist snob. I've often thought the best thing that could happen would be to do away with the "like" button, as some posters use it sparingly in appreciation of a rare vintage hat/quality post while others use the button for a bookmark, to mark where they left off reading.

If one posted their nylon windbreaker in the leather jacket section would they expect to get ooh's, aah's & likes & if that didn't happen, would the leather jacket fans be elitist snobs?

Tuesday, Lady B and the Kid had an appointment at Vanderbilt for the Kid's annual brain scan. They usually make a day of it and Lady B enjoys beer shopping for local brews when out of town. She's done a pretty good job at returning home with something I'll enjoy, with a few exceptions. This is one of those I really enjoy. Easily identifiable as a pilsner type. It's light, crisp and no heavy mouth feel or explosion of foam, just as one would hope. There is just a bit of sharpness and no fruitiness. It's a bit dry, like a white wine, as someone here once described a beer, yet not so dry you want a glass of water when finished. Just another beer. The crispness and the clean mouth feel make this the best "micro" brew I've tried this summer. Very refreshing, and perfect for a hot day(s). It's a seasonal. 5% ABV.
CIMG7104.JPG
CIMG7113.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto