Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Last night was spend killing off leftovers like this bottle of Glenfarclas 12.

IMG_9438.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Like Jack, I chose smooth in my whiskey this evening. I chose a blended whiskey fav on my whiskey shelf - Redbreast 12. During my whiskey initiation this was a go to quality blended smooth whiskey. I like it. This evening I chose it as it has a terrific smooth overall taste. I believe Middelton can be proud of this product. My wife even had a dram and enjoyed it.

89495EE9-FA11-4200-B392-3B0EAEC5C392-M.jpg

My dog and I wandered about whilst I sipped the amber liquid. Excellent evening walkabout. I did pour it in an aperitif glass as I find it keeps this whiskey cool and I like the taste cooler. After finishing the whiskey, I came inside the house and poured a glass of Guinness. Not to stay with the "Irish" theme, but to finish my evening with a dry beer to counter the sweet taste of the whiskey in my mouth. I am smiling while enjoying the dry beer.

2020121823514118--9186651494531316348-DSC04780-M.jpg

I am enjoying the mixed tastes and nuances tonight. Cheers folks.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Like Jack, I chose smooth in my whiskey this evening. I chose a blended whiskey fav on my whiskey shelf - Redbreast 12. During my whiskey initiation this was a go to quality blended smooth whiskey. I like it. This evening I chose it as it has a terrific smooth overall taste. I believe Middelton can be proud of this product. My wife even had a dram and enjoyed it.

89495EE9-FA11-4200-B392-3B0EAEC5C392-M.jpg

My dog and I wandered about whilst I sipped the amber liquid. Excellent evening walkabout. I did pour it in an aperitif glass as I find it keeps this whiskey cool and I like the taste cooler. After finishing the whiskey, I came inside the house and poured a glass of Guinness. Not to stay with the "Irish" theme, but to finish my evening with a dry beer to counter the sweet taste of the whiskey in my mouth. I am smiling while enjoying the dry beer.

2020121823514118--9186651494531316348-DSC04780-M.jpg

I am enjoying the mixed tastes and nuances tonight. Cheers folks.

Best, Eric -
Before your post pandemic trip you might enjoy this documentary from 2015 on Irish Pubs & Whiskey Snugs. I enjoyed the pics & stories, the history. Over an hr but worth the time, I think. You might want to watch on a smart tv or something bigger.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Before your post pandemic trip you might enjoy this documentary from 2015 on Irish Pubs & Whiskey Snugs. I enjoyed the pics & stories, the history. Over an hr but worth the time, I think. You might want to watch on a smart tv or something bigger.

I will make some time to watch. Thanks Jack.

A few drams of Cragganmore 12 & a Gunslinger Perdition 7x60 cigar during the game. Continuing on with the Cragganmore.

View attachment 293419

Game day celebration looks good.

View attachment 293432
texas hatters with a Belgian tripel from a microbrewery in Lead, SD, the Jailhouse Taps.

Sounds excellent Jeff. Your hat has been traveling of late.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Jack, you are correct this vid is a gem when it comes to portraying the traditional Irish pub. My wife watched only a bit and left after the older fellow in the pub remarked about the ancient and historic un-even floor, "You'll be alright coming in but you will have to watch your step going out." Simple truth that just made us smile.

The description on YouTube calls it a Eulogy. "The Irish Pub is a eulogy to the greatest institution in Irish society, the pub or more specifically the traditional Irish publicans who run them. " All things change, but I hope that the core essence stays put.

I used to love that one, and it lives up to its name. Great session beer!

Jeff; Thanks. I had to look up what "session beer" meant. I must live under a rock as this is the first I have heard the expression. I will use this phrase in the future.

Cheers folks. Best, Eric -

The description on YouTube calls it a Eulogy. "The Irish Pub is a eulogy to the greatest institution in Irish society, the pub or more specifically the traditional Irish publicans who run them. " All things change, but I hope that the core essence stays put.
Several times I was in one with artifacts & ties going back to James Joyce. When he attended college in Dublin he supposedly drank, hung out, wrote & studied while being a regular at this pub. He may have been a regular at more than one I suspect, because the one I enjoyed going to was not the same as the one in the video making similar claims.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I was out and about sipping a Surley Rocket Surgery (hazy ale). This was a fun drink last evening. Lemon and fruit up front with a dry finish.

DSC04854-M.jpg

This evening is cooler with the dampness of an impending storm. A Guinness Stout just seemed to me to be an excellent choice. The familiar creamy and dry taste of dark goodness is delivered and appreciated.

DSC04918-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot