Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

There is a restaurant here known for a Chocolate Martini, & women just love them. I saw a drink recipe today for an Espresso Martini. I might have to see if I can pass that off as chocolate.

ESPRESSO MARTINI

Ingredients:
  • 2oz Coffee flavored Bourbon
  • 1 shot espresso
  • .5oz Simple Syrup
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to a shaker tin with ice
  2. Shake for 20 seconds
  3. Strain into chilled Coupe or Martini Glass
Substitute the simple syrup with chocolate or vanilla syrup for a sweeter option.

IMG_2528.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Inside after moving snow about in our blizzard. Wind gusts up to 55 mph and expectations of 10" of snow have me wearing a Filson Mackinaw cap under a hood for the afternoon and the start of the evening. I am inside sipping a Guinness after the last efforts. My hands feel warmer already.

i-SgL2pfS-M.jpg

i-nZzddJL-M.jpg

Later tonight I will snowshoe a trail for my dog into the depths of the yard.

Stay warm and safe. Cheers folks, Eric -

Inside after moving snow about in our blizzard. Wind gusts up to 55 mph and expectations of 10" of snow have me wearing a Filson Mackinaw cap under a hood for the afternoon and the start of the evening. I am inside sipping a Guinness after the last efforts. My hands feel warmer already.

i-SgL2pfS-M.jpg

i-nZzddJL-M.jpg

Later tonight I will snowshoe a trail for my dog into the depths of the yard.

Stay warm and safe. Cheers folks, Eric -
I left a Like for your post, but not for your weather, Eric. Please be careful out there! Hopefully it ends soon.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I left a Like for your post, but not for your weather, Eric. Please be careful out there! Hopefully it ends soon.

Thanks for the well wishes Jack. It is a time and temp to be careful and thoughtful of your outside activities. I am careful as are all the other older and surviving Minnesotan's. The not careful folks, foolish folks, do not survive. I, sarcastically, believe that gives Minnesota a reason to claim a higher IQ of it's population.

I was out early and needed to change to warmer attire.

i-7ccVPxk-M.jpg

This morning I waited for the temps to rise, 9:00am, and then went outside. Dog soirée, used the snowblower, shoveled walkways, filled bird-feeders, prepared the grill for a beef roast tomorrow, chopped ice around the boathouse foundation and helped the neighbors with some snow challenges. I am relaxing with a brunch of cold salmon, dark bread and some onions paired with a Founders Porter. Excellent brunch!

i-Zkg386M-M.jpg

i-rm3N38Q-M.jpg

The wind chill has us at some ridiculous temps. The actual temp is -3'f (-16'c). With a fleece collar and heavy wool and outside chores it is comfy when out of the wind.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
I've been saving this bottling of Blair Athol 18 Single Sherry Cask by First Editions since June for a special occasion. Blair Athol is a small Distillery & product is very hard to get. Read @TheOldFashioned post about his tour up thread.

I think I will do a head to head comparison with the Balvenie 15 Single Barrel Sherry Cask tomorrow but I can already say the Blair Athol @ 54.7% ABV vs Balvenie @ 47.5% ABV, the Blair Athol with 3 more yrs of aging is smoother but has less Oloroso Sherry in the aftertaste than the Balvenie.

And it's the season for a Derby!

IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9578.jpg

Happy Christmas Eve to all!

I've been saving this bottling of Blair Athol 18 Single Sherry Cask by First Editions since June for a special occasion. Blair Athol is a small Distillery & product is very hard to get. Read @TheOldFashioned post about his tour up thread.

I think I will do a head to head comparison with the Balvenie 15 Single Barrel Sherry Cask tomorrow but I can already say the Blair Athol @ 54.7% ABV vs Balvenie @ 47.5% ABV, the Blair Athol with 3 more yrs of aging is smoother but has less Oloroso Sherry in the aftertaste than the Balvenie.

And it's the season for a Derby!

View attachment 294622

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294618

View attachment 294619

View attachment 294623

View attachment 294624

View attachment 294625

Happy Christmas Eve to all!
That looks like it has my name on it.... Though it's spelled wrong

Forum statistics

Threads