Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Currently up for bid in a charity auction donated by the Van Winkle family are separate lots of one bottle each, 10 yr old Old Rip Van Winkle Bourbon in hand painted Super Bowl commerstive bottles of Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes & Bucs QB Tom Brady. Current bidding is at $3100.00 ea.

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

Before I start preparations for a Southern Burgoo for SB Sunday I took a min to enjoy a bottle of Boulevard Brewing's Dark Truth Imperial Stout @ 9.7% ABV. No sweet chocolate or coffee taste to this one, nor bitterness. Would benefit from drinking it out of a snifter or tulip glass but I'm in a hurry. I'm getting some of my favorite flavors in an adult beverage; figs & dates, dark espresso, English blend pipe tobacco & wood smoke.

With my Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special Seventy-five.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Before I start preparations for a Southern Burgoo for SB Sunday I took a min to enjoy a bottle of Boulevard Brewing's Dark Truth Imperial Stout @ 9.7% ABV. No sweet chocolate or coffee taste to this one, nor bitterness. Would benefit from drinking it out of a snifter or tulip glass but I'm in a hurry. I'm getting some of my favorite flavors in an adult beverage; figs & dates, dark espresso, English blend pipe tobacco & wood smoke.

With my Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special Seventy-five.

View attachment 307583

View attachment 307582
I was wondering if any of the Missouri boys had tried anything from this brewer.
I think I saw some Farmhouse Ale from them.

I was wondering if any of the Missouri boys had tried anything from this brewer.
I think I saw some Farmhouse Ale from them.
They got their start with wheat beers so they've been around for a long while. They brew several Pale Ales & a popular Saison, Tank 7. They brew several seasonals & one should be coming around again soon, a traditional Red Irish Ale & a Bourbon Barrel aged Irish Ale.

They have a nice brewery with tours & a beer hall. I've never been but Jeff @bowlerman went when he was in town a couple yrs ago.

Except for mixing up cornbread tomorrow everything else just needs to simmer. Time for a beer!

I had forgotten about how I like Bell's Two Hearted American IPA until it was posted by Ross @Ross Young not long ago. I love the outdoorsy pine & conifers tasting hops. The grapefruit is manageable. It reminds me of Dogfish Heads 90 Min IPA, & the trout swimming in the stream is the perfect can art for such a taste.

With my 1910's Stetson BRE with Fray sweat.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They got their start with wheat beers so they've been around for a long while. They brew several Pale Ales & a popular Saison, Tank 7. They brew several seasonals & one should be coming around again soon, a traditional Red Irish Ale & a Bourbon Barrel aged Irish Ale.

They have a nice brewery with tours & a beer hall. I've never been but Jeff @bowlerman went when he was in town a couple yrs ago.
This looks interesting.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Except for mixing up cornbread tomorrow everything else just needs to simmer. Time for a beer!

I had forgotten about how I like Bell's Two Hearted American IPA until it was posted by Ross @Ross Young not long ago. I love the outdoorsy pine & conifers tasting hops. The grapefruit is manageable. It reminds me of Dogfish Heads 90 Min IPA, & the trout swimming in the stream is the perfect can art for such a taste.

With my 1910's Stetson BRE with Fray sweat.

View attachment 307872

View attachment 307873

View attachment 307874

View attachment 307875
Do you make the cornbread from scratch? I would be interested to hear your recipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails