Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Snowman

Practically Family
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with Mrs. Snowman and a
E8CE8ADC-8A1D-4663-AE79-FB344D6B631A.jpeg
FEBDC6EA-887C-4773-A724-FBFD08CB6EF4.jpeg
Glass Jug Beer Labs Irish Dry Stout.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 318898
Same here. Guinness and a tweed cap for a very low key St. Patrick's. I have a green fedora, but with the storms down here today, something not so easily blown off the head seemed more appropriate.

Cheers sir. I am on the same path, low key has been my year. Happy St.Pat's to you.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Takin' delight in the juice of the barley.

View attachment 318899

What whiskey won’t cure, there's no cure for! Enjoying some Connemara 12 Irish Peated Single Malt Whiskey. Smooth & mild with plenty of Peat, if you have trouble with the complexity of Scotch Whisky this might be for you. 80 proof.
He who has water and peat on his farm makes the world his own.

Back to you Jack. The Connemara sounds and looks appealing. Cheers.

Tonight I took off an hour early so I could come home and start an evening meal for my wife and I. Home prepared corn beef, cabbage, carrots and onions. A Guinness chocolate cake (https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1875-chocolate-guinness-cake) I have prepared early this morning. Waiting for my wife's arrival I have been sipping some Green Spot. I forget how tasty this whiskey is.

i-Z3KvHGc-M.jpg

Cheers tonight, Eric -

Happy St Patrick’s Day

View attachment 318940 View attachment 318944

Hatters Guild Green and McGuires Irish Stout (Aldi Guinness).

Made me think... MOM... can we get Guinness...

We have Guinness at home!

Sláinte
Ha!

How does the McGuires stack up. I've tried several of the aldi beers and I find they're usually pretty decent, especially for the price, but they do sometimes miss the target.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Takin' delight in the juice of the barley.

View attachment 318899

What whiskey won’t cure, there's no cure for! Enjoying some Connemara 12 Irish Peated Single Malt Whiskey. Smooth & mild with plenty of Peat, if you have trouble with the complexity of Scotch Whisky this might be for you. 80 proof.

View attachment 318900

View attachment 318901

View attachment 318903

View attachment 318904

View attachment 318902

View attachment 318905

He who has water and peat on his farm makes the world his own.
This one sounds intriguing. I haven't had Irish whiskey in probably 10 years. I just never fancied it. Now that my whiskey palate is a little more refined these days, I may have to give it a try.

Ha!

How does the McGuires stack up. I've tried several of the aldi beers and I find they're usually pretty decent, especially for the price, but they do sometimes miss the target.
It wasn’t bad. Similar flavor to Guinness... but had a thinner feel in the mouth.

This one sounds intriguing. I haven't had Irish whiskey in probably 10 years. I just never fancied it. Now that my whiskey palate is a little more refined these days, I may have to give it a try.
I think I like the Connemara Original Peated better than the 12 yr old, but I much prefer a good Islay Scotch to either. Other than the Peat flavor it's just not too exciting to drink neat. But it might appeal to someone who wants to experience a smoky Peat flavored whiskey without the complexity of Scotch. I won't be buying it again.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Aw Jack, you know it's lent, you know I'm not allowed to imbibe during lent. Ardbeg was on the whisky trail, a trip that my wife and I did some years ago. Amongst all their various whiskies in the gift shop was lots of expensive leatherware, that's how I found out that Ardbeg is owned by the exclusive Louis Vuitton, who also own Moet the champagne company and Hennessy cognac, the latter of which it part owns with Diageo.

I'm loving the glass so much that I almost missed the hat. Whisky Fest, sounds like my kind of gig. And that measure, oh my, that is what a measure of whisky is all about. Sigh! Soon be Easter.

Aw Jack, you know it's lent, you know I'm not allowed to imbibe during lent. Ardbeg was on the whisky trail, a trip that my wife and I did some years ago. Amongst all their various whiskies in the gift shop was lots of expensive leatherware, that's how I found out that Ardbeg is owned by the exclusive Louis Vuitton, who also own Moet the champagne company and Hennessy cognac, the latter of which it part owns with Diageo.

I'm loving the glass so much that I almost missed the hat. Whisky Fest, sounds like my kind of gig. And that measure, oh my, that is what a measure of whisky is all about. Sigh! Soon be Easter.
Robert, you must have been there on tour before it closed sometime in the 1990's? When the Distillery reopened again in 2000 it had new owners. They laid down Whisky & bottled their first bottling in 2006. It is now owned by Glenmorangie PLC which includes Glenmorangie, Glen Moray & now Ardbeg. Glenmorangie PLC is on the London Stock Exchange but family controlled. So you can buy some stock! They also own the North American distributor, Brown Forman which is the owner of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. You are correct in that Louis Vuitton & Moet Hennessy were the owners at the time it closed.

Can't help you get thru Lent though. I'll have a dram held back for your next trip to the States!

PS: As far as the pour goes...size matters!

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You are right about the date Jack. Tina loves Scotland, she had not long lost her mother, it was a good way to try to ease her bereavement. Talking about the ownership of Jack Daniels, we did a tour of that distillery too, (I lead a drunken life,) the tour guide was explaining each process, at the point where the colourless whiskey is put into barrels for ageing and colouring, he lifted the lid and then wafted it right in front of Tina. As she was coughing and spluttering he said: "There you go Ma'am, and it's all tax free."

You are right about the date Jack. Tina loves Scotland, she had not long lost her mother, it was a good way to try to ease her bereavement. Talking about the ownership of Jack Daniels, we did a tour of that distillery too, (I lead a drunken life,) the tour guide was explaining each process, at the point where the colourless whiskey is put into barrels for ageing and colouring, he lifted the lid and then wafted it right in front of Tina. As she was coughing and spluttering he said: "There you go Ma'am, and it's all tax free."
Too funny! One of my kids lives near Bardstown, KY now & in 2018 & 2019 they gave me a ticket for Father's Day for the many Bourbon tours out of there. Didn't get one this yr due to covid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21