Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

The early dinner crowd ;)

5E187B59-292E-470A-93C5-9B4190F8AEA4.jpeg

Scooterz

Practically Family
I like a good blue corn whiskey but I’ve never had Balcones. What say you?
I think I have only ever tried the Balcones' as a far as blue corn whiskey goes. So I have no basis to compare to other brands. They have two versions. Baby Blue tastes like a dessert. or candy. Best I can describe it is something like those old popcorn balls that are stuck together. Or maybe its something else that I can't quite remember, for some reason I think vaguely about the State Fair food when I taste it. True Blue is aged a little more and tastes different, a little darker. I like them both I think the True Blue is a bit better but sometimes I start thinking about the confection flavor of the Baby Blue. They are made in Texas. Maybe I should go do another taste test and compare them again.....

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Gotta say pouring it with a real potent ginger beer gives it a lot more bite than diet gingerale. Not that I dislike it with the Canada Dry
I'm a big fan of using a good ginger beer for mules and dark and stormy's. I find the flavor is much better. :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I sipped a Founders Centenial IPA on a walkabout. The piney, bitter and clean finish was excellent.

i-ZncQLMb-M.jpg

Tonight I started a walkabout and changed my mind and darted back inside. The 5'f with wind gusts up to 35 mph have a feel like temp of -16'f. Brrrr. I am sipping the Guinness Foreign Stout inside as I share.

i-TBx2kb6-M.jpg

Stay safe and warm. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, with more mild temps I enjoyed a walkabout sipping a Founders KBS.

i-DH5Qw4C-M.jpg

Today a simple breakfast of oatmeal, grilled potatoes and buffalo suasages. Grill time found me sipping a Guinness Stout.

i-2n8cp8G-M.jpg

A glorious sunny day has me outside sitting in a adorandac chair sipping a Surley Supreme (pilsner).

i-tZ8bW9n-M.jpg

I hope you folks are enjoying your afternoons.

Kipas, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner