Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Monday, Monday

View attachment 404227

I be at GC

View attachment 404229

View attachment 404230

For a few 2-Pulls under my Churchill DalWorth 40

View attachment 404231

View attachment 404228

Now home for some smoky Islay Scotch, Ardbeg An Oa.

I tip my brim in your direction Jack. The Churchill and cattleman's crase look at home on your head and on the bar. Even more so, my eyes perked up at notice of your Ardbeg treat. My sort list of "needs" is led off by Ardbeg Uigeadail . I have to make some time to head down to Ace Spirits. Note to self.

Cheers, Eric -

I tip my brim in your direction Jack. The Churchill and cattleman's crase look at home on your head and on the bar. Even more so, my eyes perked up at notice of your Ardbeg treat. My sort list of "needs" is led off by Ardbeg Uigeadail . I have to make some time to head down to Ace Spirits. Note to self.

Cheers, Eric -

Thanks Eric! Back to black hats today as another winter weather advisory has been issued. Yesterday was 71* for a high, today just in the 30's.

I had a delicious bison burger during HH so was wanting a smoky Islay when I got home. I have been told by ACE that they are under new ownership.

National Margarita Day was heavily promoted this yr & the place was packed. Hard for a guy to get a hat pic off the bar.

IMG_3736.jpg

It was a cold evening so I soon took my Navy blue VS & headed home for some Tequila without all the sweat stuff.

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many
Under my Gannon Highwayman at Johnny"s for HH with a few German Bocks.

View attachment 404747

View attachment 404748

View attachment 404746

View attachment 404749

View attachment 404750

Then home for some Ardbeg An Oa.

View attachment 404751
Man I love that hat HJ. Mine is under way. I’m chomping at the bit. BTW, one of your favorite tequilas was featured in an episode of that ridiculous moonshine show (on discovery I think?), Ocho. Seeing their distillery and processes was interesting.

Man I love that hat HJ. Mine is under way. I’m chomping at the bit. BTW, one of your favorite tequilas was featured in an episode of that ridiculous moonshine show (on discovery I think?), Ocho. Seeing their distillery and processes was interesting.
Thank you Alan! I enjoy both of mine very much. I remember you were in the queue for March. I won't ask you much about your choices so it will be a pleasant surprise. I would be in the queue for another Highwayman if there was a good vintage color left. Look forward to you getting yours.

Tequila Ocho Plata & Siete Leguas Blanco are my favorites. I keep searching but find nothing better. Depends on if you really like strong cooked blue agave & how you drink tequila I guess.

Rumad

One Too Many
Thank you Alan! I enjoy both of mine very much. I remember you were in the queue for March. I won't ask you much about your choices so it will be a pleasant surprise. I would be in the queue for another Highwayman if there was a good vintage color left. Look forward to you getting yours.

Tequila Ocho Plata & Siete Leguas Blanco are my favorites. I keep searching but find nothing better. Depends on if you really like strong cooked blue agave & how you drink tequila I guess.
I’ve been searching for the Ocho for quite a while around here with no luck. I’ll be sure to grab some when I do find it. Tonight I’m sipping on some El Tesoro extra añejo. Cheers.

BTW, one of your favorite tequilas was featured in an episode of that ridiculous moonshine show (on discovery I think?), Ocho. Seeing their distillery and processes was interesting.
Looked on YouTube but couldn't find that video. You might enjoy this one. It's a 2 hr video but most of the interesting knowledge comes in the first hr or so. Jesse is the son, now partner in Ocho since the passing of his father.

Rumad

One Too Many
Headed out for HH with el jefe, a Stetson One-hundred.

View attachment 405558

View attachment 405553

View attachment 405554

Enjoying a favorite, KC Bier Co. Dunkel. Every Bier they brew is a German style; dark & strong.

View attachment 405555

View attachment 405557

View attachment 405556
What a fantastic hat, and those epic dents are amazing. This may be my favorite hat of yours. So, you’re back at JT’s. Have you convinced them to sell you a glass yet?

What a fantastic hat, and those epic dents are amazing. This may be my favorite hat of yours. So, you’re back at JT’s. Have you convinced them to sell you a glass yet?
Among their merch they sell tee shirts, caps, wing sauce, etc but no glasses. I swore this winter wearing a big coat I'd get one, but...

We spent Jan 2018 in Corpus Cristi & I wore this hat most of the month. Made friends with a knowledgable owner of a liquor store & had a lot of informative conversations with him. I noticed at some point that he always called me El jefe & it just sort of stuck with the hat.

Rumad

One Too Many
Among their merch they sell tee shirts, caps, wing sauce, etc but no glasses. I swore this winter wearing a big coat I'd get one, but...

We spent Jan 2018 in Corpus Cristi & I wore this hat most of the month. Made friends with a knowledgable owner of a liquor store & had a lot of informative conversations with him. I noticed at some point that he always called me El jefe & it just sort of stuck with the hat.
HA! Big coat! I don’t know nuttin.
That’s a great name for that hat.

The Shoe

One Too Many

Back in my university days, I would have snuck one of those glasses into my bag or pocket after finishing the drink! Now I don’t want to encourage no law breakin’, but it should be easy if you’ve got a big coat.

RBH

Bartender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters