Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

A Stetson One-hundred & a Left Hand Brewing Co Peanut Butter Milk Stout @ 6.2% ABV. Tasted just like a Reeces Peanut Butter Cup & too rich for me. Switched to a few KC Bier Co Winterback, a German Dappleback Lager @ 8.2% ABV. Much better taste with malted barley with a touch of caramel & dark chocolate. Unfortunately no pics of the Winterback were taken.

3D745138-AE9E-4C94-9FFF-7AB6077620F0.jpeg

42B9240E-2067-4AA2-B361-A4E9A7F1279B.jpeg

A6664CD4-3710-4274-B217-2A2B69463575.jpeg

dkstott

Practically Family
Very nice. I had heard that Ernest Tubbs record store was closing. Good to see it open. ❤️❤️✌️
I passed by it today. It is located next door to where Garth Brooks‘ place is going in. The past owners were using it for.. I think.. some kind of investment broker. I just heard though they are trying to bring Ernest Tubbs back.

79590287-5029-4513-9641-2D17DF370A35.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Early morning cold brew coffee, morning meeting with a Breve Espresso w/steamed half and half), a Surley Hazy IPA this evening and a Founders All Day IPA I enjoyed on Tuesday make up the below pic collage.

i-mmqVtmS-M.jpg

You folks have some real "Hat and Drink" adventures. I tip my glass of Guinness in your direction. Yup I am enjoying a second beer tonight.

i-K95LhBL-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

You folks have some real "Hat and Drink" adventures. I tip my glass of Guinness in your direction. Yup I am enjoying a second beer tonight.
You’re reminding me of a couple of my favorite quotes from the movie, Appaloosa.

“Hard to like a man who doesn’t drink a little” — Randall Bragg as played by Jeremy Irons

“Might make some sense just to move on” — Everett Hitch as played by Viggo Mortenson.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Channeling my Quiet Man today I was sport'n my Quiet Man Cordova Cap.

i-GDD4mFN-M.jpg

Ah The Quiet Man movie is a classic.

Mary Kate Danaher: Could you use a little water in your whiskey?
Michaleen Flynn: When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

Inspired I sipped a Dangerous Man Hazy IPA and then sipped a dram of Redbreast 12 year. No water for me. Go Michaleen Flynn!

i-KHmx4Gn-M.jpg

I need to make a run for some whiskey early November. I am nearly out of Redbreast and a couple of others. I have a search out for some Yamazaki 12, 18 and Reserve at a more reasonable price. My short list for some "new"is Glenmorangie Signet, Laphroig Caideas, Jefferson's Ocean, Port Askaig and Glen Farclas 25.

The Thanksgiving Holiday and Winter Holidays approach and I wish to stock up. I do need to pick up a couple of whiskey presents for relatives. If you folks have suggestions <$80.00 USD yell.

Cheers to all tonight, Eric -

Last edited:
I need to make a run for some whiskey early November. I am nearly out of Redbreast and a couple of others. I have a search out for some Yamazaki 12, 18 and Reserve at a more reasonable price. My short list for some "new"is Glenmorangie Signet, Laphroig Caideas, Jefferson's Ocean, Port Askaig and Glen Farclas 25.
Great short list for the upcoming holiday season!

Oct always brings the changing of the seasons & a month with some personal remembrances; some good but some not so good. So this past Sun I broke out a special bottling of Longmorn 18 yr old Malt, bottle #93 of only 253 that I have been savoring the past couple of yrs for just such occasions. Longmorn is hard to find, bought for blends mostly. I’ve had a couple of bottling’s from Signatory Vintage & one from Gordon & MacPhail. But this 18 yr old Speyside is very much white wine like in several ways.

1E129B90-8680-4C09-9E1D-E8C188BDF9E2.jpeg

A new liquor store from the ground up just opened nearby. I finally made it there yesterday. I always like to have a bottle of rough & high octane shooter whiskey in my cabinet for when it’s time to renew my man card, & usually a bottle of Rebel Yell or Old Scout fills that bill. But I’ve been disappointed in the “new & improved” Old Scout in its second coming. After a complimentary sample at the new store I decided that 12 Foot Beard Jowel Bristle Whiskey fills that requirement. A bottle of Ardbeg Oogie & Ardbeg 10 also found their way into my cart.

4CFF523C-5853-43C5-BF82-AEB2767ECBBF.jpeg

Great Flynn reference & movie quote. I’ll have to remember that one.

‘’I'm older, and I'm much less friendly to f**kin' change.” — Dan Dority, as played by W. Earl Brown in Deadwood: The Movie.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars

i-GDD4mFN-M.jpg

Inspired I sipped a Dangerous Man Hazy IPA and then sipped a dram of Redbreast 12 year. No water for me. Go Michaleen Flynn!

i-KHmx4Gn-M.jpg

The Thanksgiving Holiday and Winter Holidays approach and I wish to stock up. I do need to pick up a couple of whiskey presents for relatives. If you folks have suggestions <$80.00 USD yell.

Marcus of Queensbury rules now...

Snowman

Practically Family

i-GDD4mFN-M.jpg

i-KHmx4Gn-M.jpg

Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition Style and Old Granddad 114 are both solid bourbons with interesting flavor profiles.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great short list for the upcoming holiday season!

Oct always brings the changing of the seasons & a month with some personal remembrances; some good but some not so good. So this past Sun I broke out a special bottling of Longmorn 18 yr old Malt, bottle #93 of only 253 that I have been savoring the past couple of yrs for just such occasions. Longmorn is hard to find, bought for blends mostly. I’ve had a couple of bottling’s from Signatory Vintage & one from Gordon & MacPhail. But this 18 yr old Speyside is very much white wine like in several ways.

View attachment 459781

A new liquor store from the ground up just opened nearby. I finally made it there yesterday. I always like to have a bottle of rough & high octane shooter whiskey in my cabinet for when it’s time to renew my man card, & usually a bottle of Rebel Yell or Old Scout fills that bill. But I’ve been disappointed in the “new & improved” Old Scout in its second coming. After a complimentary sample at the new store I decided that 12 Foot Beard Jowel Bristle Whiskey fills that requirement. A bottle of Ardbeg Oogie & Ardbeg 10 also found their way into my cart.

View attachment 459782

Great Flynn reference & movie quote. I’ll have to remember that one.

‘’I'm older, and I'm much less friendly to f**kin' change.” — Dan Dority, as played by W. Earl Brown in Deadwood: The Movie.

The Longmorn sounds ike a real treat. October is truly a change month. Hopefully the Longmorn centers the remembrances.

Jack I am not suprised that you pickd up a beard named whiskey. cheers.

Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition Style and Old Granddad 114 are both solid bourbons with interesting flavor profiles.

Good suggestions sir. I will quiz my gift recipients for clues on their home liquor stock.

A cold front is settling in tonight and it is a perfect evening for a walkabout sipping a dram of Ardbeg Uigeadal. The peat, sweet and general freshness to this whiskey is a joy to sip. The 54% abv does not sip hot. This is a favorite.

i-jqvFJtz-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Jack I am not suprised that you pickd up a beard named whiskey. cheers.
I’ve seen the logo among others on the touring bus of a local bar band, but knew nothing more of it until now. I’m pretty sure it is distilled by Geo Dickel in TN but aged in charred oak & bottled in MO. Therefore it can not be called TN whiskey.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I’ve seen the logo among others on the touring bus of a local bar band, but knew nothing more of it until now. I’m pretty sure it is distilled by Geo Dickel in TN but aged in charred oak & bottled in MO. Therefore it can not be called TN whiskey.

Diageo owns Dickel. I am reading about them this morning. Holy Hannah I read they have over 200 brands. I was aware they owned lots, of brands of different kinds of liquors but 200. Contemplating this company this morning.

Cheers, Eric -

Diageo owns Dickel. I am reading about them this morning. Holy Hannah I read they have over 200 brands. I was aware they owned lots, of brands of different kinds of liquors but 200. Contemplating this company this morning.

Cheers, Eric -
Look into Midwest Grain Products (MGP) & you will find that they distill & bottle all kinds of spirits under private label. They don’t actually own or market anything. Mostly brands & labels you never hear of. Cheap box stores & grocery store liquors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21