Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

A Tatton Baird 3-cord & some Siete Leguas Blanco Tequila for a night at home. Maybe a movie night.

IMG_7716.jpeg

IMG_7717.jpeg

IMG_7718.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
You’ll have to give us a report as I don’t think the An Cladach Limited Edition Release aged in the Sherry casks is available in the US.
Enjoying the Bunnahabhain again tonight. Heavy on dried fruit on the nose, particularly raisins. Same on the palate on the first sip. Nosing again gives a bit of spiciness along with the dried fruit and just maybe a faint maritime touch. Second sip and the dried fruit remains dominant. The spices are there along with the sherry influence, but I’m only finding the caramel I mentioned last time when I go looking for it, and not really finding the vanilla.
Coming towards the end of the glass and I‘m actually getting the caramel first for just a second before the dried fruit takes over again.
That’s about the extent of my ability to do a review. Most importantly, I really like this whisky. I did try to pick up another bottle, but it seems it’s all gone. I did, however, find its brother, Cruach-Mhòna, so picked up a bottle.
IMG_0619.jpeg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Enjoying the Bunnahabhain again tonight. Heavy on dried fruit on the nose, particularly raisins. Same on the palate on the first sip. Nosing again gives a bit of spiciness along with the dried fruit and just maybe a faint maritime touch. Second sip and the dried fruit remains dominant. The spices are there along with the sherry influence, but I’m only finding the caramel I mentioned last time when I go looking for it, and not really finding the vanilla.
Coming towards the end of the glass and I‘m actually getting the caramel first for just a second before the dried fruit takes over again.
That’s about the extent of my ability to do a review. Most importantly, I really like this whisky. I did try to pick up another bottle, but it seems it’s all gone. I did, however, find its brother, Cruach-Mhòna, so picked up a bottle.
View attachment 537557

Thanks for the review. I have placed this whiskey on my "To Purchase" List based on your recommendation. I can not wait.

This past week a bit of rain and warm evenings found me enjoying (clockwise) All Day IPA, Guinness Foreign Stout, Guinness Draught and a Deschutes Hazy.

i-DDRQNtQ-M.jpg

Yesterday evening a Guinness Stout hit the spot. This morning cold brew coffee (Volcanica Cost Rican coffee) and a Guinness Draught (breakfast) and a Founders All Day IPA (after shopping errands and starting a rasberry pie) have been my indulgences.

i-6mpghMQ-M.jpg

i-PnJgzfd-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
View attachment 537557
"Bunnahabhain" looks like something from a Danny Kaye patter song...

Continuing my National Beer Day celebration from yesterday with Founders All Day Haze and Cavanagh A tasty beer for sure. I also dig the Wagoneer on the can art.
View attachment 537857
I just read Steve’s post @Steve1857 that he has Summer depression this yr. For some reason I’ve had anxiety for a couple of wks now, & especially high today over this world we live in. Today I find myself drinking $3.25 HH 23 oz Natty Light on tap just to save money not knowing what’s coming. Now that’s high anxiety!

I just read Steve’s post @Steve1857 that he has Summer depression this yr. For some reason I’ve had anxiety for a couple of wks now, & especially high today over this world we live in. Today I find myself drinking $3.25 HH 23 oz Natty Light on tap just to save money not knowing what’s coming. Now that’s high anxiety!
I continued my IPA haze this evening with a few Funky Buddha Hop Gun. High Anxiety …. I remember the Mel Brooks film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner