Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Instead of buying a hat this month, I bought my first ever bottle of Scotch. It's like drinking pure liquid oak over a campfire. I thought it wore well with my Lee silver label sage green homburg.

ywtr.jpg
[/URL]

Dude! Your FIRST bottle of scotch is Laphroaig??? That could put your d*ck in the dirt if you're not careful! :eusa_clap Bravo for throwing it down!! Great combo, Jeff. That is a wonderful hat; I know it's a sage color, but in the pic it looks about as smoky as that dram tastes! :) I'm just finishing my bottle of Glen Grant as I type. Another bottle is on my shopping list. Yum.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yes that is great!
I had missed your post from June 28. Yeah the laphroig is intense, but I had tried it a few days earlier at a bar where the tender added smoke from a cedar plank, and I loved it! That peatiness... I'm still barely a scotch novice. I will have to try the talisker, Perry!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
What a tasteful pair, Bowler! Laphroaig is one of my favorites. Try to add a few drops of water (preferably calcium free). It opens the bouquet and refines the taste considerable. A sidecar with water - and a third of a straw, snipped off to use as pipette - would be great company to the rest of that table ;)
I think maybe a sidecar differs from culture to culture. Here is what an American dictionary calls a sidecar (lemon juice and brandy):
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sidecar

Hi rgraham....thanks for that link, I'm glad to know I can still get one if needed. This one is probably at least 15 years old, it came from Walmart I think.

Yes that is great!
I had missed your post from June 28. Yeah the laphroig is intense, but I had tried it a few days earlier at a bar where the tender added smoke from a cedar plank, and I loved it! That peatiness... I'm still barely a scotch novice. I will have to try the talisker, Perry!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

See that you do, Jeff, it's worth it.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Gymnastics practices complete late evening on a Friday and start at 7:30 am on Saturday. I just sleep at the gymnastics gym on a Friday evening to save the commute time. Long hours from 7:30am Friday morning practice to Saturday afternoon. Glad to be home. Kicking up my heels celebrating with a Midnight Ryder, American Black Ale ( http://www.indeedbrewing.com/beers/midnight-ryder/ ) this afternoon.

i-QHxw7ms-M.jpg

My Lee American, grey felt has been keeping my head fashionably covered on the way home.

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails