Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Calm before the storm. Enjoy your Friday

F3D633B1-AC50-48F5-84F4-CFA2510C5824.jpeg
D0D6C5C6-2775-428A-900E-FC76B7EE4ADE.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Calm before the storm. Enjoy your Friday

View attachment 250981 View attachment 250980

Thinking of you and you family today sir. Be safe.

Last evening a beer was my reward after a long week. A Surley Supreme was crisp and citrusy. Supremely crushable!

i-h9MBDzT-M.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed some cold brewed coffee this Saturday morning while wearing my Stetson Whippet. The cold brew hits the spot. Almost too well as I can finish a couple of glasses very fast.

i-D5CpbDL-M.jpg

To the detailed observers, yes this is the same shirt I wore Wednesday. I did wash and spot iron it. It is not the only shirt I imbibe in! I do pride myself on imbibing "clean."

I do need to make a liquor store run today or tomorrow. I was chuckling with my brother via the phone this morning that I believe it is definitely an essential shopping trip.

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Thinking of you and you family today sir. Be safe.

Last evening a beer was my reward after a long week. A Surley Supreme was crisp and citrusy. Supremely crushable!

i-h9MBDzT-M.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed some cold brewed coffee this Saturday morning while wearing my Stetson Whippet. The cold brew hits the spot. Almost too well as I can finish a couple of glasses very fast.

i-D5CpbDL-M.jpg

To the detailed observers, yes this is the same shirt I wore Wednesday. I did wash and spot iron it. It is not the only shirt I imbibe in! I do pride myself on imbibing "clean."

I do need to make a liquor store run today or tomorrow. I was chuckling with my brother via the phone this morning that I believe it is definitely an essential shopping trip.

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Thank you Eric. Much appreciated. Hoping this one squeezes on by. But it is still very early in the season so stay tuned!

That Stetson 15 is a beauty. Reminds me a tad of the Rogers I wore yesterday.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back from a quick stop. More beer behind the beer in the pic. Some Deschutes, Omni and Founders. My beer refrigerator has been looking barren lately. I must only have half the fridge filled with beer. :D

i-5VNXN9R-M.jpg

Sampling a can of the Surley Saber Tooth IPA. I do like this choice! It has some citrus flavor hints, a dry finish and I can not taste the alcohol (6.7 PAPB). Gloriousely it is a solid brewed IPA. It is a return to Surly's roots-nothing gimmicky-just a good strong IPA. This can poured a darker orange IPA with lot of foam - lacy on top, but a lot. I had to sip a bunch off the top to empty the can in my beer glass. I will see about the next can if this is a characteristic of the brew. Heavens I am certainly not going to change beer glasses just to pour in a "foamy beer." I really like the heavier, shapely and stable bottomed Ittala Arne beer glasses.

i-pBHDgDZ-M.jpg

Cheers folks. I hope you can sit back and enjoy your Saturday. Keeping well wishes for Joe, Tropical Bob and the other folks in Florida. Be safe! I tip my glass in your direction.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Of course I always want them to tell me their stories. The trick is to find a real Saloon glass that is not all scratched up from yrs of use. How about this glass hip flask?

View attachment 251134

View attachment 251135

View attachment 251137

View attachment 251138

View attachment 251136

Trick - I say that is a rick of extreme luck! Glorious flask! I have armed by Ebay/Goodwill search engines for vintage whiskey glass and flasks now.

Went to pick up some Tex Mex for dinner & broke out this Moore Bulldogger to wear. So it's going to be a Tequila night. Thorough post coming up next in the Western thread.

View attachment 251139

View attachment 251140

View attachment 251141

View attachment 251142

Good night ahead. Cheers.

The Shoe

One Too Many
The perforated stainless steel counter adds to the texture composition with the hat too. Nice photo. What is the mouth feel of the Ao-oni like?
The “counter” is in fact a bench at a local bus stop. Unlike back in New Zealand, it’s perfectly acceptable to buy a beer & drink in public - probably because very few people abuse that right/privilege.
The Ao-oni is one of the more bitter IPAs I’ve tried when you take your first sip, but it’s a very good bitter and it’s followed up with fruity hoppy deliciousness.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Last night I was sipping a beer slushy. I erred and bumped the setting on the beer refrigerator and the beer in the back of the box was too cold. Out of curiosity I opened a Surley West Coast IPA. It was slushy and it was really good! I may have to purposely do this to one of the summer beers.

i-ThLWrvr-M.jpg

For this mornings breakfast I had oatmeal, fruit and a Surley Sabertooth IPA.

i-L28n3Sf-M.jpg

A run, a cool down walk and I am sipping a Deschutes Freshly Squeezed. Great hoppy taste that finishes with pine and dry bitter.

i-VP6r8tb-M.jpg

I do not want to go inside on this mid 60'f morning.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out on a mission earlier in the Moore Bulldogger. The red is a reflection from the low sun off of a red brick bldg.

View attachment 251369

View attachment 251370

Home now for the night so time for some Green Spot Single Pot Still Whiskey.

View attachment 251372

View attachment 251371

Mmm Green Spot. Excellent choice Jack. I do like Green Spot. I can taste Green Spot (non age statement) in my memory. Your post reminds me that I still have to make an opportunity to sample Red and Yellow Spot.

Tonight I was sipping some Surley West Coast slushy. Fun and different drink. The beers should be back to their normal cool temps by tomorrow.

i-pT2T52F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko