Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

1648397252140.png

Optimo crease!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After mowing my yard for the first time this year it felt like time to enjoy a 10 Barrel Brewing Paddle Captain IPA on the back deck. After I stopped sweating I broke out the Mayser panama to celebrate the warm afternoon.
View attachment 413776

Cool! Lawn cut - jeepers we are expecting snow on Wednesday. Power to post-lawn cutting beers!

Victory Golden Monkey - Belgian style Tripel while pre gaming for the Garth Brooks concert last night. 9.5 ABV and a complex but refreshing flavor. I think I will be buying this one at home

View attachment 413808 View attachment 413809 View attachment 413810

Miller Western for the show

View attachment 413811 View attachment 413812 View attachment 413813 View attachment 413814

Lucky couple. Nice choice of beer to monkey around with. Cheers.

Yesterday, post work shenanigans I sipped a Omni Brewing IPA. I forget the name as it was in a crowler that had the name written on it in marker. The marker name was gone when I opened the beer yesterday. It was excellent - whatever it was.

i-dFXfwNz-M.jpg

Later in the evening I was out sipping some whiskey. The Arberlour Casg Anamh I like more each time I pour it.

i-N6QwBRg-M.jpg

i-qQKLBKW-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Still wearing the O'Farrell for HH with a few KC Bier Co Dunkels & a pizza.

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

With the anniversary of this location fast approaching I told the barmaid they should have a Johnny's look-alike contest & the winner gets to drink free for one month...

IMG_4195.jpg

Stackin' the deck!

Rumad

One Too Many
a cup of wheat shochu on the rocks.
Interesting bottle; should be a keeper.

Talk about interesting bottles, I just got in from a liquor run. I bought a bottle of La Gritona Reposado Tequila that is cheap on the market right now & has been getting high reviews. The Tequilamaster is a woman with a long time in the Tequila industry & only plans to distill & market a Repo, much like Muchote which I can't get here.

IMG_4211.jpg

I still haven't found more bottles of Tequila Ocho 2020 La Loma harvest but the search continues.

Also picked up a bottle of Bruichladdich the Classic Laddie 10. Hard to find here too & the price is up $15 from when I last found & bought a bottle in 2016.

IMG_4212.jpg

Hat for my shopping spree was an OR 3X.

Following the rules last night.
I think I broke all my rules last night.

Yesterday was a great day for a Stetson One-hundred for TGIFHH & some Tex Mex. Since I drank Sol Mexican Lager for a change of pace last wk I decided to revisit Pacifico this wk.

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

I had forgotten just how thin & watery Pacifico is so I had to switch to Dos Equis Lager after just one.

IMG_4216.jpg

Later I tried a double pour of Teremana Reposado Small Batch Tequila (owned by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). Some agave, medicinal alcohol, some vanilla on the nose & taste but other than that it drops off pretty quick. Being Small Batch there is the chance there won't be much consistency from Batch to Batch. I wouldn't buy a bottle.

IMG_4218.jpg

This is called a "Black Out". It's a Margarita made with Hornitos Blanco Tequila OTR capped off with a triple shot of Hornitos Black Tequila. This is the black Tequila aged in a new heavily charred Oak Cask, not the coffee infused black tequila. Quite the contrast between the strong musky black Tequila & the regular Margarita with its touch of sweet juices.

IMG_4217.jpg

Finished up the night with a shot of Hornitos to cleanse the pallet of the black Tequila taste.

IMG_4219.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112