Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A walkabout last night and a Founders Porter. Delicious.

i-2B24n2p-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Snowman

Practically Family
Wow.. amazing how much the color changes in different lighting.
Yes, it is. I’ve always had difficulty with figuring out what hat colors look like in photos, and this has been a good example of why. The lighting, the background, and even the time of day all had drastic effects on the outcome. The hat is what I can best describe as a fawn color, kind of a light brown.
And yet another color shift :)
Total shift to a different hat! This one is a charcoal (almost black) color.

Thanks for noticing!

Ok
Yes, it is. I’ve always had difficulty with figuring out what hat colors look like in photos, and this has been a good example of why. The lighting, the background, and even the time of day all had drastic effects on the outcome. The hat is what I can best describe as a fawn color, kind of a light brown.

Total shift to a different hat! This one is a charcoal (almost black) color.

Thanks for noticing!
OK… we’ll that makes sense. LOL

20230101_171845.jpg

Thought of you guys (specifically Gary, Jack, and Eric) this evening. Nancy brought this over to the house to try. I'm much more of a bourbon drinker than scotch, but I found this to be smooth enough that I had a second glass. I'm still wearing the ball cap I wore to the river earlier today, so I forewent the hat photo. Hope all y'all have a healthy and happy 2023.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Snow in my neighborhood this afternoon and evening found me snowblowing and shoveling. After my chore I sipped a Surley Supreme. Tasty after the day and late evening efforts. I went inside to change from my damp clothing and poured myself another. A TWO beer evening. Same beer so as not to challenge my early morning schedule.

i-4ZQCnMV-M.jpg

We got only 8" of snow today and before tomorrow afternoon we should get another 4".

Cheers to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 477735
Thought of you guys (specifically Gary, Jack, and Eric) this evening. Nancy brought this over to the house to try. I'm much more of a bourbon drinker than scotch, but I found this to be smooth enough that I had a second glass. I'm still wearing the ball cap I wore to the river earlier today, so I forewent the hat photo. Hope all y'all have a healthy and happy 2023.

Dale; I am glad that you got an opportinuty to have a dram or two of the Suntory. My bottle of Hibiki Harmony is my last bottle. I have not tasted Toki yet. The two Japanese whiskeys that I have on my shelf are just dynamite. The Hibinki Harmony is a blended whiskey but is complex and light.

Here is what I read this evening (from the website: https://drinksadventures.com.au/2018/11/03/suntory-toki-vs-hibiki/ ).

Suntory Toki vs Hibiki: Official Tasting Notes​

Suntory Toki
Colour: Clear gold
Nose: Basil, green apple, honey
Palate: Grapefruit, green grapes, peppermint, thyme
Finish: Subtly sweet and spicy finish with a hint of vanilla oak, white pepper and ginger

Suntory Hibiki Japanese Harmony
Colour: Amber
Nose: Rose, lychee, hint of rosemary, mature woodiness, sandalwood
Palate: Honey like sweetness, candied orange peel, white chocolate
Finish: Subtle, tender long finish, with hint of Mizunara (Japanese oak)

Dale congrats. I hope you enjoyed the Suntory version.

FYI: I have attached a link to a quick review I did speaking to the Suntory Hibiki Harmony and Yamazaki 12.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hats-and-drinks-a-match-made-in-heaven.70322/post-2851552

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112