Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

This keg lives on. The keg of Boulevard Nutcracker Ale @ 7.8% ABV is dead. I bet on the wrong horse.

IMG_7132.jpeg

IMG_7131.jpeg

IMG_7126.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Some new arrivals. Getting in before more price rises. We’ve had the Aberfeldy before, and I recently opened a bottle of the very reasonably priced Bulleit. All the others are new to us. It might be a while before some of these are called into action.
IMG_0795.jpeg

I’ve been wearing my Bailey Toyo for the last couple of days.
IMG_0796.jpeg

Some new arrivals. Getting in before more price rises. We’ve had the Aberfeldy before, and I recently opened a bottle of the very reasonably priced Bulleit. All the others are new to us. It might be a while before some of these are called into action.
View attachment 518431
View attachment 518432
That black & gold Aberfeldy tube is a sharp looking tube!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 518431
View attachment 518432

Oh,la, la! I believe that I would open the Aberfeldy and then the Bunnahabhain. I imagine a terrific tasting session at your house. ;)

Congrats on your backstock!

Eric -

It might be a while before some of these are called into action
Keep them in mind for this coming Saturday, 5/20, World Whisky Day.

My liquor run under my Tatton Baird consisted of:

Two bottles of Lagavulin 16 Islay Single Malt
One bottle of Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition Charred Oak Single Malt
One bottle of Cascahuin Blanco Tahona tequila
One bottle of Tequila Ocho Plata 2023 Agua Nueva harvest

IMG_7184.jpeg

IMG_7185.jpeg

“Most men seek the warm glow that only whiskey can provide.” — Thomas “Doc” Durant as played by Colm Meaney, Hell On Wheels.

Happy World Whisky Day!

Time to sample a couple drams of Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition as an aperitif before grilling a steak over charcoal. The Charred Oak Edition is the 3rd Offerman collaboration, aged a full 11 yrs in heavily charred oak bourbon casks, then finished in red wine butts. Said to be smokier than my favorite Lag 16, & a natural with steak. I’ll be enjoying a few more drams as a digestive after my steak too.

IMG_7188.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_7211.jpeg

The first Lagavulin collaboration with the actor & big Lagavulin fan, Nick Offerman was in 2019 & I don’t think many bottles made it to the US, so I don’t know much about it. The second collaboration was aged in Guinness beer barrels. Mostly sold out now a bottle of the 2nd edition can occasionally still be found in the US. The Charred Oak Edition will probably be sold out in a yr or two.

IMG_7212.jpeg

IMG_7213.jpeg

The charcoal chimney is lit. I will be changing from my Stetson One-hundred to my Stetson bbq & grilling straw before the steak goes on.

I love this photo!!!!
LOL! Thanks Rusty! If you want to print, frame & hang it behind your home bar my fees are pretty reasonable. The color of Glenmorangie reminds me of a quote I used recently:

“Seen through the gold of old Scotch, life seems more beautiful.”
A healthy sized pour!
Just a 3 finger pour. I try to ration my more expensive 18 yr old whiskies. Glenmorangie is one of the few 18 yr olds that goes on a flash sale a couple times a yr where I can buy ahead, then save for special occasions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk