Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

the orange flavor was pretty gross, but I liked the pineapple/chili kind enough
It might work good for a marinade for chicken breast/pieces before you cook it on the grill.

Don't buy these to drink but the tequila lime Rita is good for a chicken marinade also. They have all kinds of flavors but the Rita is the only one I’ve used.

IMG_2670.jpeg

A day spent under a Worth - Walden, first for a caffeine run,

IMG_7350.jpeg

IMG_7333.jpeg

Then to pick up a liquor order & set up an old toy box for a tequila & rum minibar. I’m going to steal the name an old business friend painted on his restored Chris Craft cruiser on Lake of the Ozark’s yrs ago: “Gettin’ Ship Faced”

IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7340.jpeg

IMG_7346.jpeg

Finally time for HH.

IMG_7348.jpeg

IMG_7347.jpeg

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
Sorry, no hat to show, but I felt the need to post this whisky we cracked open tonight. Scarabus. It’s as light a coloured whisky as I’ve had, but it doesn’t skimp on flavour. The briny aroma had me thinking of a Talisker, but both Etsuko and I put this Islay a level or two above Talisker. Smoky on the palette with a nice sweet finish. This is one we’ll purchase again…in fact I have two bottles sitting in my Amazon shopping cart right now.
IMG_0434.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg

TGIFHH brought forth a few Dos Equis Lagers to wash down some Chori Pollo. Then home to open a new bottle of El Tesoro Blanco Tequila, all under a Ritch Rand Tom Horn 8X.

IMG_7400.jpeg

The El Tesoro Blanco is fermented with the agave chunks & fibers from the cooked agave being crushed in the ways of the old using a pulled Tahona instead of a roller mill. It rates a panel score of 87.

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7403.jpeg

With the heat index at 99* it calls for another day under the hemp OR & a new brew, a KC Bier Co Kristallweizen, a Weissbier. The difference between it & a Hefeweizen is that the Kristallweizen is filtered one time. Both the aroma & the taste of the German yeast is fantastic making it quite different from the Hefeweizen. 5.2% ABV.

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo