Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
With the heat index at 99* it calls for another day under the hemp OR & a new brew, a KC Bier Co Kristallweizen, a Weissbier. The difference between it & a Hefeweizen is that the Kristallweizen is filtered one time. Both the aroma & the taste of the German yeast is fantastic making it quite different from the Hefeweizen. 5.2% ABV.

View attachment 527984

View attachment 527985

View attachment 527983

View attachment 527982

Thanks for the edification Jack. I did not know and after reading your post googled up some more info. I have lots more beer to hunt and taste.

My wife and I are sitting down and tasting one of the sample bottles we got this past winter. We did recieve two of the Talisker 10 yr 100 ml bottles. We opened one and shared it.

i-HBNQXsL-M.jpg

From the isle of Skye this scotch whiskey has all of the smoke, salt and sweetness in balance. Light peaty and balanced is what hits my mouth tonight. The 45.8abv smell and taste are similar and finishes pepper/charcoal. I like it.

i-gQTzfmF-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

It’s 100*. No one is sitting at the outside bar.

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

Another 1950’s bastardly Stetson One-hundred & a few imported beers for HH on Fajita Thursday.

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

70976681098__2F8011A8-7457-4FED-A415-BAA9EE589E42.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

Then home for a dram of a favorite Tequila Ocho Plata from the 2020 La Loma agave harvest. This bottling has been sold out for some time.

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7472.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

Coming up on July 24th is National Tequila Day & on July 27th is National Scotch Whisky Day. Fair warning if you wish to participate.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Looking forward to cracking this one open in a few minutes.
IMG_1012.jpeg

Today’s hat was a paper Bailey that I like to wear in summer, though it’s nothing special and I didn’t get a pic today. Regulars have seen it repeatedly. I often find myself wanting to post in this thread, but am hatless for the most part while drinking at home.
No one has ever complained about my hatless posts, but I do feel a little sheepish!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Looking forward to cracking this one open in a few minutes.
View attachment 530456
Today’s hat was a paper Bailey that I like to wear in summer, though it’s nothing special and I didn’t get a pic today. Regulars have seen it repeatedly. I often find myself wanting to post in this thread, but am hatless for the most part while drinking at home.
No one has ever complained about my hatless posts, but I do feel a little sheepish!

I enjoy the hat-less posts very much. Your posts have been in harmony with the spirit of the thread. I do look forward to your posts. Please continue.

For my part I enjoy walking about the property and sipping beverages. I am aware that I often "break the rules" and wear caps. Ahhh, I think it is a small indiscretion that is acceptable. I believe I meet the spirit of the thread. My schedule is not normal and my posts continue to showcase this.

On this very warm afternoon.. a straw Stetson Adventurer and a cold Ranch Water fit the bill!!!

Looks tasty. I needed to google both the Advenurer and the Cold Ranch Water. Oh yea!

The best chicken fajitas called for a few Modelo Especial’s under a Resistol 3X with a hand felted edge.

View attachment 530691

View attachment 530692

View attachment 530693

View attachment 530694

Then home to open a new bottle of Siete Leguas Blanco tequila. Of all the Blancos I drink this one would certainly rank in my top 3 favorites. This Resistol ranks pretty high on my list too.

View attachment 530690

View attachment 530689
View attachment 530687

View attachment 530688

Jack your post had me at "best chicken fajitas."

yesterday a late evening dinner of mac and cheese, garlic bread and a Founders Porter was grand!

i-gHwsvTk-M.jpg

This morning escapades found starting the day enjoying some Volcanica Costa Rican coffee. After a couple of hours of clearing underbrush I sipped a Stiegel Radler with abreakfast of Ramen.

i-R2nn8Nx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24