Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and hair color

John the Swede

Familiar Face
Love that "What Color Hat Shall I Sell Him" pamphlet! That's just an awesome piece o fAmericana right there. I wonder how many owners/sales folks offer similar advice today...

...As I've said before, just make certain your hat coordinates with your socks and underwear, and you'll be OK!
What, like this?

zLOGwoR.jpg

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
I have 25- 30 hats and my family goes crazy anytime they see me with a new hat. But my nephews and nieces has a new toy to play detectives or cowboys altought i havent any western hat or just hat sellers.
On topic most of my hats excepts 4 are black or grey, here in Argentina is hard to find any other colours for hats

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
I was going to post this in the "Ask a question" thread but this is a help request more than a question. I read somewhere that gray hair and brown hats don't go together. I am ordering a whiskey colored hat and I have salt and pepper (brown) hair.

I tried to look for images of brown and whiskey hats on gray-haired people with some luck. To me, gray-ish hair and brownish hats don't look bad at all. Here is where I need some help...

Can anyone with gray hair that has a whiskey and/or brown colored hat please post a picture (maybe a profile/side shot) of yourself in that hat (please identify the color).

I'm thinking the "brown hat/gray hair don't mix" thought is more myth than fact. Post your opinions about this as well.
Thanks.

I was going to post this in the "Ask a question" thread but this is a help request more than a question. I read somewhere that gray hair and brown hats don't go together. I am ordering a whiskey colored hat and I have salt and pepper (brown) hair.

I tried to look for images of brown and whiskey hats on gray-haired people with some luck. To me, gray-ish hair and brownish hats don't look bad at all. Here is where I need some help...

Can anyone with gray hair that has a whiskey and/or brown colored hat please post a picture (maybe a profile/side shot) of yourself in that hat (please identify the color).

I'm thinking the "brown hat/gray hair don't mix" thought is more myth than fact. Post your opinions about this as well.
Thanks.
I have multiples of both.....along with my grey/white hair. Unless you are rocking a mullett the hair does not show when you are wearing the hat. If you like the whisky colour....wear whisky.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I don't think it has to do with a match to hair, but a match to the clothing you wear, but here again there are no clear rules - just some common sense that displays your own style. Historically, a blue/black/grey hat would be worn with a blue/grey suit (black in a suit left out deliberately, thats another topic, and yes they exist for Tuxedo or funerals but not as a suit IMHO) and a brown hat with brown hues, but since hats became accessories and not part of the standard menswear, these informal rules if they can be called such have been broken over and over again.

So, just choose what you think suits your personal style - a bit like a brown or black pair of shoes - some people pull off the different combinations better than others, and it all reflects your personal style. But hats and hair color is an unusual way of looking at it IMHO. Wear in good health and enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk