Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Society

Interesting link Charlie. Thanks for bringing it to light.

I have added a link to a story in GQ about hats being worn during Zoom Mtg.s. I have lots of questions after reading this article.

https://www.gq.com/story/hats-on-zoom

Cheers, Eric -
When I read this the first thing that sticks out to me is the author is using the words "hat" & "cap" interchangeably even though a fedora is mentioned once or twice. After exposing the lack of haircuts during the pandemic theory & her "lowering of the bar" comment, I take it most of her male coworkers on Zoom have taken to wearing ball caps & not really hats.

It seems a thread on Hats and Society is an appropriate place to post this. A western cowboy hat is an American icon and recognized around the world just behind Old Glory and Lady Liberty. I know this firsthand having been called "Cowboy" & "Tex" in a foreign country. The same thing can't be said about too many things including the fedora. It's too bad we are losing our unique American heritage.

Sorry Charlie if this is deemed OT from your OP.

It seems a thread on Hats and Society is an appropriate place to post this. A western cowboy hat is an American icon and recognized around the world just behind Old Glory and Lady Liberty. I know this firsthand having been called "Cowboy" & "Tex" in a foreign country. The same thing can't be said about too many things including the fedora. It's too bad we are losing our unique American heritage.

Sorry Charlie if this is deemed OT from your OP.

Not in my estimation, Jack. You are right on! This topic could include any wide trends from anywhere about any aspect of hats IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts, adding to the conversation.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
And as global a footprint as it has, the Bowler continues to be decidedly British.

20200506_203615.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB