Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Burlington Coat Factory

Dr Trinidad

One of the Regulars
Yeah I have brought a few hats back from the dead but these were beyond what I wanted to fool with. The ribbons looked like they were glued on and the glue seeped through the ribbon before it dryed. They were really bad!

LEUII

One of the Regulars
I checked out my local BCF the other day. There were boxes of hats in the floor. Big four foot long boxes. I went through each of them. They all contained either 6 7/8 and 7 1/8 black wool stingies or a really fuzzy cheaply made felt Aussie/Western looking conglomeration. They did have hundreds of leather six panel Newsboys in all sorts of colour combinations ranging from creative to nauseating.

I'll check again next week and see if they have a new shipment.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Picked up FOUR fur felt Huckels at the BCF in Canoga Park (just found out it was there!) for 12 bucks a pop! This one I cut the brim down and let the deluge of today soak the crown to this.

922.jpg

As for the other three...?

dostacos

Practically Family
deluge of today soak the crown to this.

this is So Cal speak for we had some DRIZZLE today.

as it did not even deserve STORM WATCH, [that is when it drizzles for more than 2 hours:eusa_doh: ]

having been in a little rain storm in Dallas where it came down so hard I had to roll my window down and look out that way because the wipers had NO effect, I vaguely understand rain. So all ya'all from areas with actual weather forgive us we know not of where we speak.
end translation...

now back to our regular programing:D

dostacos

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
Picked up FOUR fur felt Huckels at the BCF in Canoga Park (just found out it was there!) for 12 bucks a pop! This one I cut the brim down and let the deluge of today soak the crown to this.

922.jpg

great lid especially for the price I wonder if they all have hats????? gonna call my closest one tomorrow

Dan

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
dostacos said:
deluge of today soak the crown to this.

this is So Cal speak for we had some DRIZZLE today.

as it did not even deserve STORM WATCH, [that is when it drizzles for more than 2 hours:eusa_doh: ]

having been in a little rain storm in Dallas where it came down so hard I had to roll my window down and look out that way because the wipers had NO effect, I vaguely understand rain. So all ya'all from areas with actual weather forgive us we know not of where we speak.
end translation...

now back to our regular programing:D

Ah, my friend, I must contest... I am originally from Buffalo, NY - a place that is nothing but weather - and today, here in the NoHo/Burbank area, it did deluge! At one point we couldn't see the car ten yards in front of us as we rolled down Hollywood Way.

I understand the Cali mind-set and, much to my great shame, mock its outrageousness at the drop of a...well, DROP! But I kid you not as to the severity, and volume, of todays rain. And, quite frankly, and excepting the moment I stepped out of the car into a ten inch deep puddle, did quite enjoy it!

dostacos

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
Ah, my friend, I must contest... I am originally from Buffalo, NY - a place that is nothing but weather - and today, here in the NoHo/Burbank area, it did deluge! At one point we couldn't see the car ten yards in front of us as we rolled down Hollywood Way.

I understand the Cali mind-set and, much to my great shame, mock its outrageousness at the drop of a...well, DROP! But I kid you not as to the severity, and volume, of todays rain. And, quite frankly, and excepting the moment I stepped out of the car into a ten inch deep puddle, did quite enjoy it!
:eek: but where you're from, you always had to worry about getting 3 feet of PARTLY CLOUDY:eusa_doh:

We had an outside consultant 2 years ago, he woke up and put on the news and every station was on STORM WATCH, with reporters talking about puddles and actually being able to see some rain drops! he razzed us no end. :eek: glad to hear we had some actual real rain.

did your BCF have a good selection of sizes? like a 7 5/8;)

Dan

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
dostacos said:
:eek: but where you're from, you always had to worry about getting 3 feet of PARTLY CLOUDY:eusa_doh:

We had an outside consultant 2 years ago, he woke up and put on the news and every station was on STORM WATCH, with reporters talking about puddles and actually being able to see some rain drops! he razzed us no end. :eek: glad to hear we had some actual real rain.

did your BCF have a good selection of sizes? like a 7 5/8;)

Dan
Hell, in this town, if Paris Hilton breaks wind they call a STORM WATCH! Amen!

The BCF I hit, out in Canoga, had 7 1/2's and a couple of 7 5/8's - both of which fit me. But I kinda cleaned them out. I know there's another one somewhere around here, though. Good luck.

Dr Trinidad

One of the Regulars
I contacted BCF about the damaged hats in their greenville store and recieved a email today that said the bleached out look was actually Tie Dyed. A tie dyed fedora? Looked bleached out to me.

RBH

Bartender
Mr. Lucky said:

922.jpg

Lucky, I have to say I REALLY like the looks of this one on you!
The color, shape and brim trim suits you very well!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
RBH said:
Lucky, I have to say I REALLY like the looks of this one on you!
The color, shape and brim trim suits you very well!
Thanks! $11.99, a pair of scissors and a good rain storm and - VOILA! - the hat! For some reason, as it turns out, my favorite hats are either under fifteen bucks or OVER a hundred-and fifty! Can you beat that.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Hey DeeLovely nice to see you've joined. Welcome.

You're really getting into this hat nonsense aren't you? I especially like that first one with the flowers on it.

BTW - you make much nicer viewing than that grumpy-faced husband of yours. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Hey DeeLovely nice to see you've joined. Welcome.

You're really getting into this hat nonsense aren't you? I especially like that first one with the flowers on it.

BTW - you make much nicer viewing than that grumpy-faced husband of yours. ;)
:eek: :rage: You would think the birthday boy would be on his best behavior!!!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch