Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats/caps - what to wear for the date?

Edipbear

New in Town
Amazed

@ Tiller: Wow man, you seem to have serious skills in meeting with women with style! I personally like having a sparkling and colorful shirt with some expensive sneakers on. Or the contrast, plain and silvery grey shirt with dark jeans that not too loose.
But what about my head? I feel naked now without wearing a hat/cap :p
Any good hat/cap-suggestions for a clothing that goes in street/hip hop fashion (please do not recommend those New York Yankees caps please, even though some of them are really great.. but everybody have them :/ ) ?
@ Danofarlington:
How, didn’t expect to get such a detailed, informative and rich reply. Now I have loads to learn and see. Maybe companies should make a Michael Jackson-theme line for hats? ^^
Thank you for the time you have given in so far 

@ John in Covina:
Are you within the hat/cap-business by yourself? You seem to have such a detailed feeling and information about what trends are going on. I just have a feeling that there must be a way to create great mixes between the new and the old-fashioned:, Skateboard-culture and old-school caps from 1920’s… hehe (^_^)

@ Stoneface:
Not bad outfit, and not a bad cap at all. I liked the way how you mixed red shirt with black cap, and the white hangings you have. What favorite bands do you have in band that uses caps?

Stoneface

New in Town
Edipbear said:
@ Stoneface:
Not bad outfit, and not a bad cap at all. I liked the way how you mixed red shirt with black cap, and the white hangings you have.
What favorite bands do you have in band that uses caps?

Music is something for the ears, so why should I care what clothes artists wear or what opinions they got on any topic?
I don`t copy, I get ideas - my ideas:

I watch tv and movies, I see people on the street and things in the shops, I look up things at Google, Wikipedia and Ebay - I know what I like and it doesn`t take long for me to know how to combine or add something.
The biggest problem is to find those things, especially in the right sizes and afford it.

That Rock Band outfit was created by expanding around my suit (the most expensive part due to my size) and looking what I already got.

A brown suit looks conservative so I thought a red shirt would be a good contrast and it might go well with a black tie.
But a black tie is too boring so I was browsing themed ties for something associated with rock`n`roll.
And from there on it doesn`t took too long to find all the missing parts.

I don`t care much for brands - style doesn`t come from the labels on the outside of your clothes.
Back in the days when I was a kid labels were inside the clothes. ;)
Nevertheless I got an bugatti coat but only because it fitted my style and size.

I`m an individual and not a lemming.

Back to musicians with caps that I know and like:

Brian Johnson got a really nice flatcap at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Johnson

But I would never buy it because it`s the one that Brian Johnson wears.
I would buy it because I like it.

Brian McSheffrey of An Rinn has a nice flatcap too and he also wears it when not in concert:
http://www.anrinn.de/Htmls/Brian.htm

That`s the only flatcap that deserves to be named newsboy hat - it must look like a pancake on your head.

15d6y3r.gif

And while we are on the topic of flatcaps - which flatcap doesn`t fit (style and size wise)? :D
http://www.anrinn.de

BTW - Klaus Meine of the Scorpions is also wearing a cap for ages.

Edipbear said:
@ John in Covina: Are you within the hat/cap-business by yourself? You seem to have such a detailed feeling and information about what trends are going on. I just have a feeling that there must be a way to create great mixes between the new and the old-fashioned:, Skateboard-culture and old-school caps from 1920’s… hehe (^_^)

No not in the business but here in the FL the business gets a lot of discussion. While not a true purist, I would say that the youth market and the classic market are looking in two different directions. Here the vintage folks tend to have a reverence for classics, for vintage and for tradition. Youth tends to abhor that and looks to fracture what is old and established before they learn to appreciate it. It's akin to why they call it sophmoric humor.

Edipbear

New in Town

Stoneface

New in Town
Edipbear said:
@ Stoneface:
Not bad outfit, and not a bad cap at all. I liked the way how you mixed red shirt with black cap, and the white hangings you have.

Looks like the outfit was good enough::D

http://galerie.marktplatz-osnabrueck.de/displayimage.php?album=68&pos=22

:D

Yesterday I visited the may week festivities again with one of my friends as we were approached by a photographer who took pictures for this website that features everything of the city of Osnabrück and he asked for permission to take a picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran