Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats coming back in a big way?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chuck Bobuck said:
As long as they remove their hat when seated in front of me at the movies, I'm ok with it.

I'm waiting for Carousel Vic to show up and let us know which one he would wear.

cptjeff

Practically Family
anon` said:
Without pausing to comment on the Lovecraftian-level of horror that... thing inspires in one (whoops--that was a comment, wasn't it?) I'll just offer this bit of serious thought: the idea isn't to have the crazy-stupid or wretchedly exaggerated ideas or designed adopted wholesale. The idea is to gauge reaction from the market, then cherry-pick those aspects that are well-received and figure out how to incorporate them into rather less obnoxious products. Automakers do the same thing with concept cars. Though I think that, in the case of "fashion" designers, there is no small amount of ego at work ;)

Yes, but are they really oblivious enough to think that that idea even needs testing?

I like watching shows like project runway. It's people with actual talent making (mostly) usable clothes. Stuff like that freakshow are why people make fun of the fashion world and are what people think of when they hear the word. If you tell a typical guy "yeah, I try to be a stylish dresser", he won't think of people knowing what fashions and styles work for their age and body type- he'll think of shit like that.

Whenever I see photos like that, I can't help but think that they should be accompanied by circus music. Because the only fashion they'll be inspiring will be confined to a ring or three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy