Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for sale on eBay

liamthequietman

New in Town
I share a passion for "The Golden Era" and have been a avid follower of The Fedora Lounge for years. It will be difficult to finally part with them, but like other members have said "I Have One Too Many!!"

I'm surprised the Stetson Imperial is not gaining much attention??

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It's the size... believe me, I've seen it; all of the 3 you listed have been viewed by me several times.

That Disney... wow. Getting close to my size. Tell me, though, is that an overwelt or more of a Cavanagh Edge on the brim? OOPS! I just re-read the description and you already covered that...

I'm not able to bid it up much, but certainly will watch the bidding...

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Now that I have the Disney hat in hand, I'm stunned as well. I wasn't really looking to buy another hat, and only placed a bid to bump up the selling price... like, to do you a favor so it didn't sell so low... but no one bid after me and the previous high bidder was already near his max bid, so I won the auction.

This hat is so close to mint it's just crazy. The only thing that would have been better is if it came with a mint, original box with a receipt tucked inside and an autobiography of the famous original owner...

This has a nice double-stitched overwelt that's nearly seamless, and I can see why there's confusion about it having a Cavanagh edge type brim treatment. It is a fedora, but I'm not sure it's ever been worn once, if at all. It is dressy enough to be worn as a Homburg imitation, imo. The snap brim certainly was never turned down and there is no wear except for a very faint spot on the sweat where it was placed, perhaps set on a desk and only moved to dust the furniture in the room where the hat was stored.

IMO, this hat is not black but a very dark navy blue...nearly as dark as my Dad's navy peacoat from about 1948. This is a plus to me as I have no blue hats in any shade.

Brother, I feel liked I took advantage of you without even so much as a kiss on the cheek or dinner beforehand. I bid ~$80 on this hat. I feel like I should send you a check for $21.23. Seriously, I feel guilty for stealing such a fine hat. If I was flush with cash, I'd offer more.

Last edited:
Sounds like a beauty. Have you posted pics?

f00b3fcc85c45c60860fa0453f1ce750.png

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

liamthequietman

New in Town
FedOregon,

Thank you for conveying your enthusiasm for the fedora!! I’m also grateful that you bid on the hat now that I know what your true intentions were. However, I’d honestly prefer dinner rather than a kiss on the cheek … LOL!!

Most importantly the fedora has found a wonderful home! I’ve been selling on eBay long enough to know … you win some, you lose some.

The following link is to the ended listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232122339125?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2648

Bob Roberts,

Thanks for watching my six!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
FedOregon,

Thank you for conveying your enthusiasm for the fedora!! I’m also grateful that you bid on the hat now that I know what your true intentions were. However, I’d honestly prefer dinner rather than a kiss on the cheek … LOL!!

Most importantly the fedora has found a wonderful home! I’ve been selling on eBay long enough to know … you win some, you lose some.

The following link is to the ended listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232122339125?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2648

Bob Roberts,

Thanks for watching my six!!
Lol. Wlcm Liam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy