Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in Jackson Mississippi?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . . Is there any other hatters in New Orleans?
I wish. Not that Meyer's is bad -- far from it! They're very helpful, knowledgeable, and welcoming. (I ran into two members of the family last weekend at a restaurant, and they remembered me, though I haven't been there in some months.)

There might be some pricey "boutiques" in the French Quarter, but as far as I know Meyer's bought up the stock of all the competition when those places went out of business years ago. If there are "hatters" listed in the phone book, I suspect they just sell hipster cloth hats and bucket hats, the stuff you also find at Target and Walmart.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I was strictly referring to the mink felt?Unless Temples are all made this way which I didn't think they were but I've been known to be wrong on many occasions
I think we have our wires crossed. The felt isn't made from mink fur; that's just the color name Stetson gave it. Stetson does have a beaver-fur felt model, the Pinnacle, I think, but it's quite pricey. The Temple and the other regular models are rabbit, I'm sure.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I think we have our wires crossed. The felt isn't made from mink fur; that's just the color name Stetson gave it. Stetson does have a beaver-fur felt model, the Pinnacle, I think, but it's quite pricey. The Temple and the other regular models are rabbit, I'm sure.
Yeh your right there Benz,probably not your wires just mine(haha)the way I read it I had thought it was made out of mink fur"duh"no I don't ever recall mink fur being used for any hats but it sounded interesting.Thanks for the reply and clearing things up.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Yeh your right there Benz,probably not your wires just mine(haha)the way I read it I had thought it was made out of mink fur"duh"no I don't ever recall mink fur being used for any hats but it sounded interesting.Thanks for the reply and clearing things up.
It would probably be prohibitively expensive. Have ya priced a mink coat lately? Possibly there might be fur hats made of the little weasels' fur, like the big Russian hat George sports in an episode of "Seinfeld," but not fedoras.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
It would probably be prohibitively expensive. Have ya priced a mink coat lately? Possibly there might be fur hats made of the little weasels' fur, like the big Russian hat George sports in an episode of "Seinfeld," but not fedoras.
Oh those type hats I know of I was strictly meaning hats of the Fedora type,plus PETA would be all over us anyway,and as for pricing a mink coat well I must say I've given up wearing them as of late(haha)

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I wish. Not that Meyer's is bad -- far from it! They're very helpful, knowledgeable, and welcoming. (I ran into two members of the family last weekend at a restaurant, and they remembered me, though I haven't been there in some months.)

There might be some pricey "boutiques" in the French Quarter, but as far as I know Meyer's bought up the stock of all the competition when those places went out of business years ago. If there are "hatters" listed in the phone book, I suspect they just sell hipster cloth hats and bucket hats, the stuff you also find at Target and Walmart.
Hey Mr.Benz I didn't say they were good hat shops I just said that there were 18 listed in the Yellow Pages(haha)

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav