Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatters beware! American hatter threatens to sue over matches behind the ribbon!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
So I've heard his aesthetic described as "bohemian," which is a good as word as any I guess. In opposition to a hatter replicating vintage pieces, he's a forward thinking, fashion thinking hat designer. And that's fine, there's room enough in the world for there to be a ridiculous celebrity hat maker while the rest of us support quality makers. The kicker is though, I don't even think he's the best at what he's doing.

Worth and Worth has some really cool hats that no doubt sell well for NYC. I randomly stumbled upon Hatwrks in Nashville today and they have some really cool contemporary takes on the fedora.
IMG_0075_copy_1024x1024.jpg

And ok,that's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea either, but I'd wear that over any of Fouquet's lids with random burn marks and stitching. Half the price too.
Bohemian just happens. Thats whats so cool abt it. He's TRYING. I don't find anything forward thinking or fashionable about any of his designs. Most I would give him is LA "stardust cowboy" trendy at best.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Apparently, Hornskov decided to step back and won't rick a lawsuit. Even his website is down right now. Even though I believe one shouldn't give way to arrogance, I totally understand and respect Mr. and Mrs. Hornskov's decision. After all, they couldn't wished for a better publicity – I believe they were unknown even to this forum before the incident.

All publicity is good publicity as they say & this matter has at least made Hornskov known to the forum. I suspect that quite a few folk visited Fouquet's sites too, to see what all the fuss was about & secretly liked them but wouldn't dare put their heads above the parapet. :D...............and to think we nearly went to war over a couple of matches.:rolleyes:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
So I've heard his aesthetic described as "bohemian," which is a good as word as any I guess. In opposition to a hatter replicating vintage pieces, he's a forward thinking, fashion thinking hat designer. And that's fine, there's room enough in the world for there to be a ridiculous celebrity hat maker while the rest of us support quality makers. The kicker is though, I don't even think he's the best at what he's doing.

Worth and Worth has some really cool hats that no doubt sell well for NYC. I randomly stumbled upon Hatwrks in Nashville today and they have some really cool contemporary takes on the fedora.
IMG_0075_copy_1024x1024.jpg

And ok,that's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea either, but I'd wear that over any of Fouquet's lids with random burn marks and stitching. Half the price too.
Hey Bob!
Isn't that the hat you wear when cleaning birdcages with the bird still in?:D

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Apparently, Hornskov decided to step back and won't rick a lawsuit. Even his website is down right now. Even though I believe one shouldn't give way to arrogance, I totally understand and respect Mr. and Mrs. Hornskov's decision. After all, they couldn't wished for a better publicity – I believe they were unknown even to this forum before the incident.

I think Hornskov should market hats with a toothpick or two sticking up out of the ribbon and then threaten to sue anyone who does the same thing.

Not everyone smokes but everyone does gotta eat.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Maybe a Ferrocerium rod for preparation for the zombie apocalypse. But then you would need a good high carbon steel knife to with it.
Johnny
And a wider hat band...maybe we are on to something here?? The Fedora Lounge Tactical Fedora!! Think of the possibilities. Every time someone found a hat in the street or “sh__ter” we could issue a stylish update. Just sayin... Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner