Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatting Equipment....

N.C. Hatter

Vendor
I'm a up & coming hatter in the North Carolina area & I'm trying to locate vintage - working hatting equipment; steamers, forms, molds, brushes etc.. I have a few frequent clients as of now & would love to get my hands on anything that is millenery associated. I'm also a buyer of vintage & nostalgic styles of hats. My personal collection is in the early 1920's through to the late 1950's now & I would love to expand it. If anyone has any info or would like to sell anything just message me in reply on here. Thanks to all!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge NC, Redpop is right, you need to have at least 20 posts before your PM privileges are extended. By all means, contact me through my website for your "wish list". I might be able to help.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge, and welcome to the club of "up & coming hatters.":)

The best advice I have is to be patient when trying to obtain equipment. And have a plan for exactly what you want to obtain. That way, it's easier to get started.

Good luck!

Brad

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
N.C. Hatter said:
I'm a up & coming hatter in the North Carolina area & I'm trying to locate vintage - working hatting equipment; steamers, forms, molds, brushes etc.. I have a few frequent clients as of now & would love to get my hands on anything that is millenery associated. I'm also a buyer of vintage & nostalgic styles of hats. My personal collection is in the early 1920's through to the late 1950's now & I would love to expand it. If anyone has any info or would like to sell anything just message me in reply on here. Thanks to all!

Welcome to the lounge...

I would talk to Art Fawcett and Mike Moore they can give you a heads up on what you are looking for....A word of caution....

Stay away from the slimy hat peddler in Virginia...

http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/ Art Fawcett...

www.buckaroohatters.com Mike Moore...

majormoore

Vendor
I may have some extra blocks and flanges that I would sale, also I know Rodney has many flanges for sale, just drop me a e-mail and let me know what you are looking for, there are some good people out there will help, and there are some that will rip you off.

As Brad said, "have a plan on what you are wanting to do" and let some of us see if we can help you, or put you in touch with a good honest person.

Mike Moore

punkinhed

New in Town
Welcome! Where in NC?

I notice Greensboro in your byline. Do you have a storefront?

I'm in High Point - Furniture Capital of the World.
Twice a year, we see lots of hats, as folks come in from over 100 countries. Granted, I probably wouldn't sport many of the hats I see during the furniture markets, but they're interesting!

halpap

New in Town
You might want to try Jim Whittington at jwhats.com

According to his website, he is looking to sell his business, so he may equipment to sell.

HATCO

Vendor
You might try to contact M+F Western Products. They have steamers as well as hat cleaning products.

Here's some of their product.

You might be able to contact them direct. I don't have the number in front of me now, but if you need it I can look it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot