Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have I made a mistake? ( jacket on order )

Harris HTM

One Too Many
How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
87% of statistics are made up on the spot. It's a shame that only 34% of the general population knows about that.
Now that’s the kind of precise indisputable data this argument had been lacking up until now!
Seriously though, I liked the sentiment of the original post regarding how any given 100 people will react (or not react) to a jacket. I actually think the number of dislikes is probably even lower than five, probably much closer to zero unless you have accidentally stumbled into an animal rights protest and then it might be closer to 100%

Seank

A-List Customer
A little late to this thread but...
I’m 48 this year. Had an Aero Ridley...sold it (sleeves were to long). It was my first cross zip and yes, at first I felt a little self conscious in it. I also received a lot of compliments when I wore it.
I miss the style so I just ordered a custom Thedi crosszip.
No, you are not to old for a bootlegger. Rock that shit.
And who cares what the “masses” think. These are the same “masses” that think pop country music is country, Post Malone is a great artist, and the Kardashians are great role models.

Edward

Bartender
Now that’s the kind of precise indisputable data this argument had been lacking up until now!
Seriously though, I liked the sentiment of the original post regarding how any given 100 people will react (or not react) to a jacket. I actually think the number of dislikes is probably even lower than five, probably much closer to zero unless you have accidentally stumbled into an animal rights protest and then it might be closer to 100%

If we're looking for peer-reviewed, academic discourse on the matter, try Gilvoch, Medvec & Savitsky's 2000 study on the 'spotlight effect'. Their experiments with sending students out socially in an embarrassing item of clothing (a Barry Manilow t-shirt - this long before the era of hipster ironic-cool) concluded that other people pay much less attention to the details of our appearance than we do.

https://www.lucs.lu.se/wp-content/u...Medvec-Savitsky-2000-The-spotlight-effect.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass