Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have I made a mistake? ( jacket on order )

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Oh sorry, I didnt realise I needed to submit evidence - Im afraid I havent got any.
I think Seb Lucas expects you to distribute questionnaires to passerby on the street asking them what they think about this cross zip being worn by a middle aged man. Statistical analysis on the gathered data should be performed before claims liked yours could be made.

Protip: Always make sure your cross-zip doesn't fit you anything like shown on Langlitz website. That's the most crucial part of buying a lancer front jacket! Wear whatever you want, just as long as it doesn't fit you this way - and if it does, immediately burn it...
SLG_6794_web-400x400.jpg

Pandemic

One Too Many

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I think the consensus is go for it. I think what you're feeling is the challenge of trying something new and outside your comfort zone, and personally there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and frankly everyone should do more of that. And the Bootlegger isn't this crazy fashion statement that will come and go with seasons, it's a solid, timeless design and really appropriate for anyone provided it fits right.

Go for it man, when the rollercoaster is going, sometimes you just gotta let go of the cross bar and throw your hands in the air and just let it happen. And if it doesn't work out, great thing about Aeros is that you can sell it, or gift it to someone and it'll probably be the nicest article of clothing they have.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think Seb Lucas expects you to distribute questionnaires to passerby on the street asking them what they think about this cross zip being worn by a middle aged man. Statistical analysis on the gathered data should be performed before claims liked yours could be made.

97 people out of a 100 reading this think you totally missed the point. :p

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Protip: Always make sure your cross-zip doesn't fit you anything like shown on Langlitz website. That's the most crucial part of buying a lancer front jacket! Wear whatever you want, just as long as it doesn't fit you this way - and if it does, immediately burn it...
SLG_6794_web-400x400.jpg
Amazing to think that these photos were taken inside a shop where they make great leather jackets and that out of all the jackets they had to choose from in that shop they went with this one!

Edward

Bartender
Literally every photo in the gallery is possibly the worst fitting jacket in the world, ever. There was this photo by Hot Leathers that used to be a perfect example how not to wear your cross zip but Langlitz set a new standard.

b7100-main_large.jpg

xSZ4HiHUBw9xEaj_auO13_7SV9W8k0SIJG6w8HG3ajntE61KLq-RP0qIFDcfFCV56vvRjQ1Hg4I9OvOxtGtpsA6wmWcXbnuJetVQ-Py_

big-tall-leather-motorcycle-jacket-m727zt.jpg

Those Langlitz photos and these ones remind me of the gallery page AL had up in the very early days where they appeared to have made jackets five sizes too big for their pals, them photographed them wearing them down the pub... These would put me off buying from a business if I thought they were typical. I can only assume the guy in the second photo here is on the shot side and wearing an OTR jacket - unless they designed the pattern to have the waistbelt about six inches south of the waist??

What looks really off on the Langlitzes are the sleeves. Body is within the margin of personal taste some of them, but the sleeves all loo disproportionately big. A strange marketing choice for a company that puts out high quality custom jackets if that's from their own website? Course, I can well l believe there are some fit-disasters out there if they make by mail to measurements some folks have sent in themselves...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21